Protestors To Be Locked Up For 10 Years In Britain Simply For Protesting

Firstly, that's Burglary contrary to s9(1)(a) or s9(1)(b) Theft Act 1968*.

S1 Theft does require the intent to permanently deprive; however, in the ordinary consideration of the offence any assumption of the rights of the owner (removal, retention, disposal, destruction) of said property would normally make out the offence.

What you really don't want to do is say "I was only looking after it" knowing it is stolen, as this talks you into the more serious Handling Stolen Goods at s22 Theft Act 1968.

Was always funny watching someone in interview attempt to excuse themselves from theft, by effectively confessing to HSG. Led to the solicitor saying "I remind my client of my advice" before just getting out a magzine to read (which one genuinely did).

Saying someting like that usually led to the interview equivalent of this -

iu

As DC's could scent charges, clear-up's, matters being taken into consideration. It was a help yourself buffet.

As ever, do consult a properly solicitor before a crime spree rather than a resigned no-body (assuming I actually ever was a police officer rather than just making this all up).

*Been out years now and still remember that, loved nicking burglars. One of the groups I genuinely ****ing hated and enjoyed making their lives miserable.
You see a variant of that on some of the “Stop, Police interceptors body camcops” shows occasionally.

Scrote gets stopped for no insurance, turns out it is his mums car. “Can she come and get it so it won’t get seized? She doesn’t know I have it...”

You can almost hear the copper giggling as he asks “So you took it without her consent..?”

ETA: There is also (IIRC) extraction of electricity for when they rewire the meter/or street light - as you cannot return electricity (except perhaps through the wholesale purchase of car batteries) then theft if difficult to prove. Hence a new law once a squirming greasy lawyer convinced a judge of this technicality.

Last edited:
Protestors To Be Locked Up For 10 Years- Simply For Protesting
I do not know the full details. But I have heard news items that people could be locked up in the UK for 10 years simply for protesting, under new laws by Patel. Surely that is a crime against freedom of speech and freedom to protest.
The right to protest is a basic freedom in the UK.
What if a tyrant uses it as an excuse to lock up anyone who protests, against his or her rule?
That is not the freedom soldiers fight for surely?
It could be anyone who uses this law Whether it be left wing, right wing, or tyrants on any issue.
How would the right wing feel if the Countryside Alliance were all locked up for 10 years simply for protesting?
How would the right wing feel if the Brexiteers had been locked up for 10 years for any protests before Brexit?
This law is dangerous.
What does everyone think?
The law says any protest that causes annoyance can be banned.
How does that make sense? Annoyance could mean anything. It could be the protests are too loud or blocking a road.
You think THAT'S bad ?
Did you know that you can lose your license and be jailed for driving your Porsche at 140mph on the motorway .
Political correctness gone mad .

You see a variant of that on some of the “Stop, Police interceptors body camcops” shows occasionally.

Scrote gets stopped for no insurance, turns out it is his mums car. “Can she come and get it so it won’t get seized? She doesn’t know I have it...”

You can almost hear the copper giggling as he asks “So you took it without her consent..?”

ETA: There is also (IIRC) extraction of electricity for when they rewire the meter/or street light - as you cannot return electricity (except perhaps through the wholesale purchase of car batteries) then theft if difficult to prove. Hence a new law once a squirming greasy lawyer convinced a judge of this technicality.

Abstracting Electricity, s13 Theft Act 1968.

Frequently a co-charge with cultivation of cannabis offences, for obviously reasons.

Latest Threads