Protesters urge end to Afghan war

#1
From BBC
Soldiers and military families will be among those joining a Stop the War Coalition march in London later against UK military operations in Afghanistan.

Organisers say they hope thousands of people will take part in the march - the first since the war began in 2001.

It will be led by L/Cpl Joe Glenton, who is facing a court martial for refusing to return to Afghanistan.

The government said Afghanistan must become "stable and secure" before Nato forces could pull out.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/8323163.stm
 
#3
A L/Cpl leading a parade, eh. Pity some of his ex colleagues dont give him a good shoeing. Hope he gets ten years for desertion and cowardice.
 

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
#5
singha61 said:
It will be led by L/Cpl Joe Glenton, who is facing a court martial for refusing to return to Afghanistan.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/8323163.stm
I've never been courts martialled but I once saw someone who was waiting on one
He appeared to be having a really rough time of it doubling everywhere and getting sh1ty jobs and he was in the RAF ffs

At no point was he swanning round leading protest marches or appearing on GMTV

Have things changed that much?
 
#6
Surely he can be stopped as still serving? At least just put him weekend barrack guard?
 
#7
the_boy_syrup said:
I've never been courts martialled but I once saw someone who was waiting on one
He appeared to be having a really rough time of it doubling everywhere and getting sh1ty jobs and he was in the RAF ffs

At no point was he swanning round leading protest marches or appearing on GMTV

Have things changed that much?
And I was escort to someone who had staged a break-in in the regimental bar only to be caught with the 'stolen goods' in his locker along with an alternative price list. He worked as normal, slept in the block (now that was unusual) and only had to kip in the guardroom, the evening before his day in court. The RP staff did try and beast him before we left for Hohne (and they tried it on with me :? ) but he just told them to "fcuk off" (as did I).

I suppose it must depend on the 'crime' committed and whether there is a risk of reoffending, which in his case means fcuking off again.
 

OldSnowy

LE
Moderator
Book Reviewer
#9
Luckily it's pissing down in London - I hope the weather stays like this for the rest of the day. In fact, a few selected lightning bolts on the head of the 'parade' would not go amiss.
 

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
#10
Fallschirmjager said:
Applehead said:
Surely he can be stopped as still serving? At least just put him weekend barrack guard?
The MoD are like the gobment. They haven't the balls to stand up to this spineless cunt.
Can't some one just break his legs ?
 
#11
I thought we weren't allowed to take an active part in political activity - maybe another charge to add to the counts of desertion and spinelessness....!
 
#12
Fallschirmjager said:
Applehead said:
Surely he can be stopped as still serving? At least just put him weekend barrack guard?
The MoD are like the gobment. They haven't the balls to stand up to this spineless cunt.
I see it more as damage limitation. If he was prevented from attending, it would just give more ammunition to the protesters and would smell of the MoD trying to gag those who serve.

Though leg breaking and lightning bolts sound much better to me.
 
#13
mistersoft said:
Fallschirmjager said:
Applehead said:
Surely he can be stopped as still serving? At least just put him weekend barrack guard?
The MoD are like the gobment. They haven't the balls to stand up to this spineless cunt.
I see it more as damage limitation. If he was prevented from attending, it would just give more ammunition to the protesters and would smell of the MoD trying to gag those who serve.

Though leg breaking and lightning bolts sound much better to me.
7mm Magnum sounds right to me
 
#14
Spanner said:
I thought we weren't allowed to take an active part in political activity - maybe another charge to add to the counts of desertion and spinelessness....!

If the armed forces allows people to go on gay pride marches in uniform, then this is no different!

Apart from him being a deserter and a coward and a total ******, but that aside :)
 
#15
Let him do it, everyone will see him for the fat useless mess that he is, a complete contrast to the people who are willingly going to fight in Afghanistan, the fact that he is a coward will enter the headlines again, for once the Suns 'our boys' ramblings will actually be on the money and highlight why he is really protesting (to try and get out of a charge) and any families of fallen soldiers who are part of the protest will want to distance themselves from him for fear of their sons/daughters being tarred with his reputation as a chickenshit.
Then what should happen is the Army will then do him for bringing it into dissripute, he gets the guilty verdict for awol and being a general cnut as well, does 2years in Coly nick, gets out and no one employs him because they dont want to associate with a spineless blanket stacker with a bad PR team. Ahh the perfect world.
 
#16
Dollsteeth said:
Let him do it, everyone will see him for the fat useless mess that he is, a complete contrast to the people who are willingly going to fight in Afghanistan, the fact that he is a coward will enter the headlines again, for once the Suns 'our boys' ramblings will actually be on the money and highlight why he is really protesting (to try and get out of a charge) and any families of fallen soldiers who are part of the protest will want to distance themselves from him for fear of their sons/daughters being tarred with his reputation as a chickenshit.
Then what should happen is the Army will then do him for bringing it into dissripute, he gets the guilty verdict for awol and being a general cnut as well, does 2years in Coly nick, gets out and no one employs him because they dont want to associate with a spineless blanket stacker with a bad PR team. Ahh the perfect world.
I like it..... but it would never work out that way, life's just not like that.
 
#17
Plant-Pilot said:
Dollsteeth said:
Let him do it, everyone will see him for the fat useless mess that he is, a complete contrast to the people who are willingly going to fight in Afghanistan, the fact that he is a coward will enter the headlines again, for once the Suns 'our boys' ramblings will actually be on the money and highlight why he is really protesting (to try and get out of a charge) and any families of fallen soldiers who are part of the protest will want to distance themselves from him for fear of their sons/daughters being tarred with his reputation as a chickenshit.
Then what should happen is the Army will then do him for bringing it into dissripute, he gets the guilty verdict for awol and being a general cnut as well, does 2years in Coly nick, gets out and no one employs him because they dont want to associate with a spineless blanket stacker with a bad PR team. Ahh the perfect world.
I like it..... but it would never work out that way, life's just not like that.
Sadly it's not. Dollsteeth, stop being so sensible. :wink:
 
#18
Ah well we can dream, after the reality check hopefully he gets found not guilty of all charges, decides to celebrate down town and gets his head jumped on for bringing the blokes into dissripute.
 
#20
Dollsteeth said:
Sometimes the best justice arrives on the bottom of someones shoe.
How true. :lol:
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads