Protesters cause chaos at Stansted

I wondered how long it would take after protesters closed both the Bangkok airports before some group tried the same thing in the UK.

link(if it works)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/essex/7771079.stm

Liarbore can't have it both ways,either flying is bad for the enviroment and it will not allow airport expansion,or it is not bad for the enviroment and expansion can go ahead.

At the moment their line is flying is bad,therefore we will increase tax on it,whilst at the same time allowing a second runway at Stansted and a third runway at Heathrow.Nothing about trying to increase tax revenue,per chance?

Liarbore are taking the Brit public to be total mugs(then again after voting in this bunch of muppets 3 times in a row,they may have a point).

Ryanair called for an investigation into why BAA had failed to keep the airport "secure and open", saying the disruption to passengers was "unacceptable".
Absolutely. The only people who should be causing disruption to passengers is Ryanair.

Dirty little scumbag airline. I hope they go bust.

CQMS said:
Given the threat state at airports I imagine they're lucky a Jean Charles de Menezes didn't happen.
they'd soon complain though if armed response screamed up and treated them as a security threat, which they were.

BAA said it would investigate the break-in and, where necessary, learn lessons from it.
Why is it that everytime something goes breasts uppermost we 'have a lesson to learn'? Learn this one you f.ucking numpty: if people can get around your fences they'll turn you over. There; simple really. Next.

Dilfor said:
Ryanair called for an investigation into why BAA had failed to keep the airport "secure and open", saying the disruption to passengers was "unacceptable".
Absolutely. The only people who should be causing disruption to passengers is Ryanair.

Dirty little scumbag airline. I hope they go bust.
I share your sentiment,unfortunatly O'Leary had over a billion quid in the bank,and his vile little "airline" is in the black.

Pity they didn't slot at least one of them (or the next person to try it on at somewhere like Faslane) - because the feeble response makes a mockery of the repression the rest of us are suffering in the name of "security".

p.s. I wonder if any of the 60-odd protesters have ever taken advantage of a cheap package holiday or flight....?

I did think it was laughable the number of journo's who were acusing Stansted of lapse security. Like most airfield its got a three mile boundary. You couldn't easily gaurantee security at an RAF airbase with a perimeter that long, as we found out at places like Greenham common, without spending a truly enormous amount of money :( Airfield perimenters will always be vulnerable

Plane Stupid began its protest at 0315 GMT and said it was intended to draw attention to CO2 emissions from the aviation industry.

Mr Barton said he believed the protesters had arrived in a number of vehicles including an old fire engine.
I would hope that being protesters against CO2 emissions they would be using electric (solar charged) cars, bicycles etc. I'm guessing they tipped up in a motley collection of utterly fecked trucks and minibusses, or Mummy and Daddy dropped them off in the range rover...

guzzler said:
They must have some pretty mean fire engines at the airport, it was cold so hose them down.
Now that would have been funny!

If I was an Armed copper at any Airport I would have shot anyone attempting to enter the airport (albiet in the leg) then they would think twice about doing it again.
My justification would have been that I thought there was a direct threat to the public life i.e. suicide bomber and was within my ROE. A mate of mine was at PJHQ when the Iraq war protesters were constantly outside and was roving patrol when one of the tree huggers got in.. He said that he would have shot the entruder to teach him a lesson but was at the other side of Camp (mores the pity).

Recruiting_Office_reject said:
I did think it was laughable the number of journo's who were acusing Stansted of lapse security. Like most airfield its got a three mile boundary. You couldn't easily gaurantee security at an RAF airbase with a perimeter that long, as we found out at places like Greenham common, without spending a truly enormous amount of money :( Airfield perimenters will always be vulnerable
It's actually a 17 mile boundery, but I get your drift.....

You have just identified the "Public Service Role" for the much-despised RAF Regiment! They're trained for it, and if you can have armed police in the Terminal why not have armed Rocks doing the perimeter. :wink:

Now all you have to do is fund it, through the CAA/BAA ... :lol:

Did anyone hear the spokesperson from the group, they believe they have a right to break the law to force their opinion on people.

I personally believe I should have an Audi R8, therefore I have the right to go steal one.

Command_doh

LE
Book Reviewer
Thomothehun said:
If I was an Armed copper at any Airport I would have shot anyone attempting to enter the airport (albiet in the leg) then they would think twice about doing it again.
My justification would have been that I thought there was a direct threat to the public life i.e. suicide bomber and was within my ROE. A mate of mine was at PJHQ when the Iraq war protesters were constantly outside and was roving patrol when one of the tree huggers got in.. He said that he would have shot the entruder to teach him a lesson but was at the other side of Camp (mores the pity).
Can you imagine what the 'do gooders' and 'Chakrabharti's mob' would say if one of our soldiers dared actually do something in his/her job description? Inside the UK, and insight of all the hang wringers and tree-huggers? Christ, there would be a witch hunt of epic proportions, compensation of untold proportions and a demand that we welcome hippies into secure installations with cocoa and muffins.

They must have some pretty mean fire engines at the airport, it was cold so hose them down.
Nah, BAA pay for some right old rickity looking crap. I'm sure it does the job, but it looks a right state (I've seen a few at Heathrow, and they are not excatly gucci-kit). Not exactly Green Goddesses, put it that way. But a long way of spanking new.

When this sort of thing happens next, tasers, tear gas, riot gear and liberal use of telescopic batons should be required in the first instance. Somehow it needs to be communicated to these d1ck heads that in today's climate of fear and 'severe end of severe' critical terrorist threat level, there is no time for their hippy - dippy, Commie protests about Carbon emissions and airport expansions. A bit of Zanu New Liarbour PF front page baton - wielding abuse and public ridicule needs to put these unwashed students in their place, namely that if you break into secure facilities in the current high alert status and you end up in critical condition.....well, they must have heard of Jean Charles De Menezes surely.

I don't get these people, I really don't. Did they not realise that in a post 9/11, 7/7, 21/7 and fallout, the recent Mumbai attacks, etc society, the rules of the game have changed. You can't do this crap and get away with it.

It' probably take some cross dressing, dogging, beardy - weirdy and geriatric Professor getting 50,000 volts and defecating himself and writhing around on the floor whilst on some kind of 'trespass protest' before these idiots realise its not just some idealistic game.

Sophist, have we got any that are not deployed at the moment ? :?
I could not say. I'd guess they're a tad stretched, though, like everyone else [except the RN :lol: ].

... however, since the Army endlessly derides RAF Regt efforts in defending airbases and airheads, and apparently wants to take over that role, this seems like a good way of avoiding a few thousand unemployed Rocks being dumped on the Social.

The UK is heading for a Police State. Why not go a step further, and militarise the Airports [and Seaports]? The Border Defence Regiment?

Regimental March goes along the lines of ...

Five Five Six stops Illegal immigrants,
Five Five Six stops Illegal immigrants,
Early in the Morning ...

... that sort of thing :lol: