Protesters cause chaos at Stansted

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Le_addeur_noir, Dec 8, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I wondered how long it would take after protesters closed both the Bangkok airports before some group tried the same thing in the UK.

link(if it works)

Liarbore can't have it both ways,either flying is bad for the enviroment and it will not allow airport expansion,or it is not bad for the enviroment and expansion can go ahead.

At the moment their line is flying is bad,therefore we will increase tax on it,whilst at the same time allowing a second runway at Stansted and a third runway at Heathrow.Nothing about trying to increase tax revenue,per chance?

Liarbore are taking the Brit public to be total mugs(then again after voting in this bunch of muppets 3 times in a row,they may have a point).
  2. Absolutely. The only people who should be causing disruption to passengers is Ryanair.

Dirty little scumbag airline. I hope they go bust.
  3. Given the threat state at airports I imagine they're lucky a Jean Charles de Menezes didn't happen.
  4. they'd soon complain though if armed response screamed up and treated them as a security threat, which they were.
  5. Why is it that everytime something goes breasts uppermost we 'have a lesson to learn'? Learn this one you f.ucking numpty: if people can get around your fences they'll turn you over. There; simple really. Next.
  6. I share your sentiment,unfortunatly O'Leary had over a billion quid in the bank,and his vile little "airline" is in the black.
  7. Pity they didn't slot at least one of them (or the next person to try it on at somewhere like Faslane) - because the feeble response makes a mockery of the repression the rest of us are suffering in the name of "security".

p.s. I wonder if any of the 60-odd protesters have ever taken advantage of a cheap package holiday or flight....?
  8. Surprised the government didn't try to prosecute them under anti-terrorism legislation.
  9. They must have some pretty mean fire engines at the airport, it was cold so hose them down.
  10. I did think it was laughable the number of journo's who were acusing Stansted of lapse security. Like most airfield its got a three mile boundary. You couldn't easily gaurantee security at an RAF airbase with a perimeter that long, as we found out at places like Greenham common, without spending a truly enormous amount of money :( Airfield perimenters will always be vulnerable
  11. I would hope that being protesters against CO2 emissions they would be using electric (solar charged) cars, bicycles etc. I'm guessing they tipped up in a motley collection of utterly fecked trucks and minibusses, or Mummy and Daddy dropped them off in the range rover...
  12. Now that would have been funny!
  13. If I was an Armed copper at any Airport I would have shot anyone attempting to enter the airport (albiet in the leg) then they would think twice about doing it again.
    My justification would have been that I thought there was a direct threat to the public life i.e. suicide bomber and was within my ROE. A mate of mine was at PJHQ when the Iraq war protesters were constantly outside and was roving patrol when one of the tree huggers got in.. He said that he would have shot the entruder to teach him a lesson but was at the other side of Camp (mores the pity).
  14. It's actually a 17 mile boundery, but I get your drift.....
  15. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

You have just identified the "Public Service Role" for the much-despised RAF Regiment! They're trained for it, and if you can have armed police in the Terminal why not have armed Rocks doing the perimeter. :wink:

Now all you have to do is fund it, through the CAA/BAA ... :lol: