Protester at Westminster

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by INVICTUS, Mar 27, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

For those who haven't seen the pictures. This c*nt gets up in the middle of a service in Westminster, and completely unchallenged, is allowed to start gobbing off and being quite aggressive towards the Queen and the PM who were only yards away! After being challenged by security, they do no more than to ask him politely to leave while he continues to make threats! I am utterly astonished that no robust security was in place during an event attended by the Queen and senior members of the Government.
    The fact that this guy was allowed to approach the Queen and start performing like some circus monkey is f*cking disgraceful. Why he doesn't have a chest full of f*cking lead is a mystery to me. It seems to me that we have officially handed in our bollo0cks. :thumbdown:

2. :shock:
  3. Apparently he was in invited guest and had already passed through security.
    Still a cnut though in the 'very-large-chip-on-my-shoulder' mould.
  4. Had you watched it on the news as I just have, you would get a better picture. He was allowed to approach the Queen unchallenged, and, instead of being bundled out of Westminster by the scruff of his neck, Security asked him nicely to leave, at which point, he simply f*cked them off and continued his protest. He left when he felt like leaving.
  5. His choice of attire amused me: leopard skin. I hope the Animal Liberation Front hunt him down, before bitch whipping his ass... and then apologising profusely.

Witch doctors in the Abbey for goodness sake? They'll be having some darkie as Archbishop of Canterbury next! What has the world come to?

Exasperated of Droylsden
  6. Her Majesty has seen off worse, unlike her craven PM (presumably his sphincter was twitching).
  7. How about "instant appraisal of situation and level of threat" by the minders who would undoubtedly have been there? And fairly appropriate action to follow.

Anyone seriously think the lead should have been flying? de Menezes-style?

It was handled in a very effective, rather British way. The man made his point, no-one came to harm, and general dignity was maintained.
  8. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Made me proud to be British in all honesty. Had he made any aggressive moves, gone for a weapon etc I'm fairly sure he would have been slotted without hesitation.

As it was, he was asked to leave. Politely and calmly by those who grabbed him. Good drills by the 'ushers'

Edit: To elaborate, the actions of those who confronted him made me proud, not the protester himself.
  9. If it had been the US president attending such a function and some nutter tried that on I suspect the U.S.S.S would not have taken to kindly to it...........i.e. shot the bugger.
  10. Just another no-name trying to make a name for himself. 15 minutes of fame and oblivion.
  11. All this stuff about "we're sorry" shiite about slavery etc is doing my head in, however it's all covered on another thread. What would be good to hear is Phil the Greeks feelings on it all, as today watching him in the news he looked a bit cringey (is that a word) almost ready for his normal un PC but bang on quips !

12. Same thought crossed my mind as HRH was walking past the monuments, looking at and obviously commenting on them to HM. The Abbey's no place for his pithiest quips, but a microphone hidden at the lunch table might have yielded a revelation.
  13. I don't think Phil's quips are "pithy" so much as "you seen our lass, queen ,yeah so i will say what i like!" It was a sham though, now I know that she is getting stick now over the Falklands but could you really see Maggie or Churchill bowing down and looking embarrased when being hailed at...................Nah they would have probably shot them themselves! And can I just pose the question to anyone who knows???? Who were those God fearing security staff protecting our sovereign and prime minister? was legoland windsor shut for the day and slots needed to be filled?
  14. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

Am I not right in thinking that wardens/ushers have powers of arrest on church property? I'm sure they do...
  15. "Under the Ecclesiastical Courts Jurisdiction Act 1860, riotous, violent, or indecent behaviour in any church, churchyard or burial ground is an offence punishable by fine or imprisonment; so also is the disturbance of a duly authorised preacher, or of any clergyman celebrating any sacrament or divine service. Any person offending under this Act may be arrested by any constable or churchwarden of the parish or place" [my emphasis]

See :

How do we know he wasn't arrested? He was reported earlier tonight as being in police cells.

It's more interesting to ask what will become of him. His day in court, and then in prison, to be a martyr for his cause? Isn't that like giving the man a megaphone? But what do we do?