Protest March

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Legs, Feb 22, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It'll be damn difficult to form up and then about-turn to face away from Downing Street and the MOD - If you about-turn from either, you end up facing the other one!

2. Did anyone hear of this march - did it happen?

3. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

No, the march hasn't happened. I do think it may have made the news if it had. I believe the article in the Herald was culled from comments and suggestions made on the link shown.
    If you read through the thread, it does imply that a protest was planned, and I suggest that the author of the article has cobbled together a story from that thread.

Actually, a protest march is a good idea. The recent demonstration by the police attracted a lot of attention, and seems to have had an effect. Bear in mind also that the police forces ( I refuse to use the word service) are prohibited in a similar manner to armed forces regarding political marches etc.

There was a huge outpouring of support for the Headley Court campaign, and there would be a similar reaction to this sort of protest. Perhaps the driving forces behind previous campaigns could give advice? I know that Dozy was very involved and active, as were many others.

4. Dont know if its me but the link doesnt work

5. thunderer: the link does work (at least on mine)

I am very surprised they didnt go all out and attempt to call it a coup...there was some reference to pitchforks and such on the thread.
    however I do like the sentiment of the apparent salute to the Queen then march on to number 10.

Brief question: could servicemen be punished/be in hot water for attending a protest like this? I sincerely hope not.

6. If a huge number were to attend how on earth could they discipline us all.

7. very true but not all would be currently serving.
    Just depends on the ratio between ex service men and current servicemen (the down side is that some astonishing numbers could be amassed if everyone joined in, particularly the chaps "over there").

So I assume you are involved in the possible march vampireuk. has an actual date been set or is it just proposed for now? (don't tell me the date, I wouldnt want more stuff printed, and would not attend myself as I have no right to attend yet anyway)

8. I'm not involved in anything as from what I have understood from this thread is that it was merely a journo posting a selection of quotes about the possibility of a march. However, if one were to be organised I would be there, if still around of course.

9. good to hear. but does anyone think the government would listen anyway? I doubt it but it will only lose them more votes.

10. Over the larger less obvious majority, how would they be able to the difference between who is and who isn't serving?

This needs doing. If it comes off however, can the organisers send any contributions received to the Force's charities and not spend them on those f*cking ludicrous baseball caps that 'plod' and 'trumpton' wore. They looked like a bunch of f*cking chavs. Oh, and can we keep anyone from Barnsley away from any 'speaking parts'. That muppet from West Yorks Police sounded like a right c*nt when he harped on about "It's ar 'undren powndz an' we wan' it". Yeah, f*ck off Dingle.

11. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

Could Sergeant Slingsby lead the way?

12. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Op Apollo when it is called will no doubt gain popular support!

13. That I have to agree with, no sodding baseball caps. As for the comments on Yorkshire folk, sod off you bugger. :)