Protein

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by OLDBIGHEAD, Jul 24, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Went for lunch yesterday in the cookhouse, and with it being a bit warm i fancied a salad. When i asked what the main part of the salad was to be (i.e tuna, chicken etc) i was told "Pork Pie" ? When i commented that it wasnt very healthy, i got the answer "Its protein".

Is it?

Fair enough, its tasty as fcuk with some pickle and a pint, but i never had it down as the healthy option. :?

2. is is Protein when drenched in chefs Special Sauce..........(too easy)

3. It isn't. But what size was the fekker that told you it was??

4. He was actually a skinny cnut, but he looked as thick as a whale omelette.

5. He was probably a skinny cnut due to years of filling the pies with "protien"

6. According to this Canadian website: http://www.thepigsite.com/recipes/nutrition.php there are 29 grams of protein per 100 grams of cooked lean pork (as well as all the other wonderful qualities that pork obviously has (who wrote that shoite? A serious pork fetishist?)

Now presumably a pork pie conatins, in its filling, something less than 100% cooked lean pork (e.g. fat, jelly, starch protein, water, etc etc) AND much of the portion consists of pastry, however, I'm sure that chef wasn't attempting to convince you that it was 100% protein. Its protein of a sort, though, just like, I'm sure, a discarded McDonalds burger box would be!