Protein shakes?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by LJKennedy, Jan 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've got my second interview 17th of Jan so pre-selection will be coming up soon, just wondering if it's a good idea to have a protein shake after a long run or a hill sprint session?

Sent from my HTC One S using ARRSE mobile app

2. Use the search. Eat normal food.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Runners World recon a normal milkshake is good enough for a recovery drink post run.

Try the RW forums.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using ARRSE mobile app

4. Won't hurt, just avoid anything with creatine in as you will become dehydrated. Just a basic whey isolate will work, PhD pharma whey + is pretty good. Might help more to take a shake 30 mins before aswell

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

5. Depends on how hard you are training and how often.
    Before a course I was training 5 days a week, protein shakes seemed to aide recovery in my case but results vary.

Makes your bum smell as well.

6. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

just milk, worked 30 years ago, works now. stop wasting your money.

• Like Like x 3
  7. I was only thinking of using it for recovery, but then I don't won't to become reliant on it as I won't be able to use it during basic....hmmm decisions!

8. Please die.

9. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

recovery = milk full fat half fat not fat doesn't matter as long as its white, runny and not out of jarrod it will be fine and cheaper.

its rarely worth bothering with any so called suppliments as they just rip you off, a cup of tea with two sugars does more for you than a lucozade sport.

most of these guys did it in boots and lightweights on a diet of beer and pies. eat well, drink plenty and your body will see you right

• Like Like x 1
  10. Start as you mean to go on I always say!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Suck me off dirty cow

12. Good point, I'll leave it then thanks

13. Bring it.

14. I wouldn't mess with a bloke who swigs protein shakes to be honest, he must be nails to even think about it!

15. I'm not just making an enquiry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.