• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Protein shakes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got my second interview 17th of Jan so pre-selection will be coming up soon, just wondering if it's a good idea to have a protein shake after a long run or a hill sprint session?

Sent from my HTC One S using ARRSE mobile app

Z

Zarathustra

I've got my second interview 17th of Jan so pre-selection will be coming up soon, just wondering if it's a good idea to have a protein shake after a long run or a hill sprint session?

Runners World recon a normal milkshake is good enough for a recovery drink post run.

Try the RW forums.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using ARRSE mobile app

Depends on how hard you are training and how often.
Before a course I was training 5 days a week, protein shakes seemed to aide recovery in my case but results vary.

Makes your bum smell as well.

I was only thinking of using it for recovery, but then I don't won't to become reliant on it as I won't be able to use it during basic....hmmm decisions!

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
I was only thinking of using it for recovery, but then I don't won't to become reliant on it as I won't be able to use it during basic....hmmm decisions!

recovery = milk full fat half fat not fat doesn't matter as long as its white, runny and not out of jarrod it will be fine and cheaper.

its rarely worth bothering with any so called suppliments as they just rip you off, a cup of tea with two sugars does more for you than a lucozade sport.

most of these guys did it in boots and lightweights on a diet of beer and pies. eat well, drink plenty and your body will see you right

recovery = milk full fat half fat not fat doesn't matter as long as its white, runny and not out of jarrod it will be fine and cheaper.

its rarely worth bothering with any so called suppliments as they just rip you off, a cup of tea with two sugars does more for you than a lucozade sport.

most of these guys did it in boots and lightweights on a diet of beer and pies. eat well, drink plenty and your body will see you right
Start as you mean to go on I always say!

Good point, I'll leave it then thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads