Protein Shakes

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Krieg-Hammer, Feb 6, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ok, been using Maxi-muscle promax the last 3 weeks and I think it does help abit. However, the tub doesnt exactly last long, and for £25 or so a tub will make it mighty expensive to continue its use.

Are there any other protein shakes out there that offer just as good, if not better nutrition but at better value? I've tried that Reflex stuff in the past but it was disgusting to drink!

2. Try eating meat, eggs and cheese. Although they don't have a cool-sounding name or come in powder form in a brightly-coloured tub, I believe they do contain protein too.
  3. Oh I have been doing that.....Plenty steaks, chicken and tuna.... :eek:)
  4. Much cheaper HERE and just as good as rip-off Maximuscle.
  5. The question that has to be asked is this. Why are you even using protein shakes anyway?
    From what you've said, you're getting sufficient as it is.

6. I usually go to the gym before work. So a protein shake is handy for afterwards since it will be a few hours til my main meal.
  7. I don't know about his reasons for using them are but mine can be summed up in 4 letters P A Y D
  8. Fair enough.

Excuses 8O
  9. Reflex Whey Isolate is good.
  10. Seconded. I just buy a cheap bag of no-frills unflavoured Protein isolated from milk (for the caseine) and mix my own drinks. The good thing about this is you control whatever additives there are aside from the protein and you can vary the flavour and textures to suit your mood.
  11. Last time I had a protein shake I worked my chest in the gym until my arms were swollen with internal bleeding and then I ran 10k in 45 minutes. The last K was done with my brown light flashing and when I did get to sit on the toilet, the emerging dirty spine bounced off the water, out of the toilet between my legs and onto the floor in front of me!

Same with bananas.
  12. Yes I'm inclined to agree though have never used the stuff myself.