Protect you pension - sign the petition

Discussion in 'Seniors' started by Swingfire, Dec 6, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Military Pensions
    The Government have altered how your Military Pension is affected by annual inflation. They have changed the link from RPI to CPI which will decrease the value of your pension year on year. Below are some examples, which have been supplied by the Forces Pension Society, illustrating the cost of the change from RPI to CPI:
    a. Disabled double amputee 28 year old Corporal £587,000 by age 70.
    b. 40 year old Sergeant Royal Marines £212,000 by age 85.
    c. 40 year old Squadron Leader £319,000 by age 85.

Please sign the petition which is very easy to do, simply click on the link:

Protect Military Pensions

To help make the petition grow please pass this information on to friends and college's. Support from both ex military and none military personnel for the petition is important as we believe the pension is a strong part of the Military Covenant which our Government is signed up to.
  2. So much for the Military Covenant. I wonder what bit of “Armed Forces must always be able to expect fair treatment” the government don't understand. How fair is it to change indexation to CPI when all MOD brochures have promised RPI indexation? In a mad rush to cut costs quickly, this unilateral decision to alter the military pension scheme's implied terms and conditions has not been subjected to any consultation. It wouldn't be so bad if, as we are led to believe, "we are all in this together" but the forced change has not been applied to private sector pension schemes. I hope this petition is a big success.
  3. Thank you for your comments. We have around 1,000 signatures at this time but need around 100,000 to be able to be noticed. My plan is to present the petition at No 10 on the Cenotagh weekend in November. The next phase will be trying to get people to write to their MP and the next newsletter will help people to do this. It is important that people pass the link to as many people as possible otherwise the momentum just dies.
    I'm always looking for people to help with this so get back to me if you fancy helping out.