Pros & Cons at joining up at 30 !

im off to catterick on august 10th and cant wait to get stuck in but as im pushing 30 and gonna be the granpa of my area most likely :lol: , can any1 tell me the pros and cons of joining at this age? by the way for any jokers among us , im late at joining as im a single parent and had to get kids settled at school etc first. better late than never.... :lol:

Good stuff mate. I'm 27 with 2 kids (not single) big step........us oldies will pull through mate.

See you at Catterick 10th Aug.

good luck mate, I'm 28 and was the oldest at selection :D us oldies will teach those young'uns a thing or two........wont we? 8O

I think I was oldest by atleast 3 years?

Not sure if there was a 26 yr old on mine though, I seem to remember there was?

I can see the pro's being the life experience that 30years have given you will work in your favour. You will be able to build a better rapport with the training staff and find it easier to deal with the sh1tty times in training.

The cons would be having to train with people a lot younger and maybe less mature than yourself, The other thing is that i guess the homesickness issue will affect you a little more as you have the kids to think about. As long as you have the right attitude then their shouldn't be any other issues that i would foresee

Good luck with it bud!