Pros & Cons at joining up at 30 !

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by fido, Jul 7, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. im off to catterick on august 10th and cant wait to get stuck in but as im pushing 30 and gonna be the granpa of my area most likely :lol: , can any1 tell me the pros and cons of joining at this age? by the way for any jokers among us , im late at joining as im a single parent and had to get kids settled at school etc first. better late than never.... :lol:

2. Good stuff mate. I'm 27 with 2 kids (not single) big step........us oldies will pull through mate.

See you at Catterick 10th Aug.

3. good luck mate, I'm 28 and was the oldest at selection :D us oldies will teach those young'uns a thing or two........wont we? 8O

4. I think I was oldest by atleast 3 years?

Not sure if there was a 26 yr old on mine though, I seem to remember there was?

5. I can see the pro's being the life experience that 30years have given you will work in your favour. You will be able to build a better rapport with the training staff and find it easier to deal with the sh1tty times in training.

The cons would be having to train with people a lot younger and maybe less mature than yourself, The other thing is that i guess the homesickness issue will affect you a little more as you have the kids to think about. As long as you have the right attitude then their shouldn't be any other issues that i would foresee

Good luck with it bud!