Proposed new tax: Over 40's to pay more for Social Care

It appears the first of the new taxes has been proposed (not confirmed yet): People over 40 may have to pay more towards the social care bill.

Guardian link:
Express link:

I fear that this won't be the last new tax proposed over the next few years - not least to pay the COVID bill. Hopefully, some of the inefficiencies in the NHS will be resolved to partially offset the final bill for us all.

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
they need to do something I've thought some form of MOT, lifestyle choice tax or selective euthanasia agreement is the way to go.

lets face it most of us if our health goes will not want to keep going so a bit of soylent green with a pay off for those you want of the euthanasia bounty would probably be popular enough to make it work.

if at 40 you are an obese alcoholic then you should pay more to deal with it.

All governments action to a problem is to increase taxes. There is never ( heaven forbid) the thought of reducing expenditure (you may read expenses) in other areas.

Tell the public that there is a problem. They accept the problem and the tax that follows.

It appears the first of the new taxes has been proposed (not confirmed yet): People over 40 may have to pay more towards the social care bill.

Guardian link:
Express link:

I fear that this won't be the last new tax proposed over the next few years - not least to pay the COVID bill. Hopefully, some of the inefficiencies in the NHS will be resolved to partially offset the final bill for us all.
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha (when can I stop?)
My FiL already insists on paying for dinner ( ex-DI plod, in his 70’s). Whenever we go to my parents, I have scran to take away.
The oldies will always be ok, just like us 40-60, we will catch up. Everything will be OK.

It’s a shame we can’t tax the huge multi nationals who earn billions in profits in the UK but don’t pay any tax on those huge profits here in this country!

I think this is right and proper. I’m over 40 and feel over 40s should pay more tax.

Hopefully, some of the inefficiencies in the NHS will be resolved to partially offset the final bill for us all.

When Hancock has allowed NHS & PHE to continue burning money*, cocking up, refusing private sector help and killing people when he should have banged heads and said "Do It", you're dreaming

* ~£40 Billion more burned, yet hospitals empty and treatments cancelled

It’s a shame we can’t tax the huge multi nationals who earn billions in profits in the UK but don’t pay any tax on those huge profits here in this country!

Its a shame people dont like the thought of taking some responsibility for themselves.

4(T)

LE
So, NI and the welfare state have been running for 70-odd years, and yet governments have completely failed to make any provision for old age. The cradle-to-grave welfare system was basically a fraud.

How is paying yet more tax going to make any difference?

they need to do something I've thought some form of MOT, lifestyle choice tax or selective euthanasia agreement is the way to go.

lets face it most of us if our health goes will not want to keep going so a bit of soylent green with a pay off for those you want of the euthanasia bounty would probably be popular enough to make it work.

if at 40 you are an obese alcoholic then you should pay more to deal with it.

You could apply that reasoning to plenty of those UNDER 40 and by using that logic why should we pay for for untold lazy fecks to breed more brats that they can't /won't/expect others to, feed?

I'd be willingly to pay more if i could have tick list to chose where it went.

This is just a spite tax as they still blame BREXIT on the same age group without accepting that older you are, the more tax you've likely paid already ... the sulky c*nts

Last edited:
Its a shame people dont like the thought of taking some responsibility for themselves.

I’ve been a tax payer all my working life since I was fifteen years old. I’m sixty five in October and still paying tax.

Who are these people you are talking about or are you trolling me again?

I’ve been a tax payer all my working life since I was fifteen years old. I’m sixty five in October and still paying tax.

Who are these people you are talking about or are you trolling me again?

Often said by people who think the fact they pay some tax means everything is owed to them.

You have accepted income tax cuts over the years, you are likely to have accepted child benefit (and schooling for them) and almost every year of your life the government has borrowed money (That obviously needs to be paid back with interest).

Do you think your tax paid for it all?

Often said by people who think the fact they pay some tax means everything is owed to them.

You have accepted income tax cuts over the years, you are likely to have accepted child benefit (and schooling for them) and almost every year of your life the government has borrowed money (That obviously needs to be paid back with interest).

Do you think your tax paid for it all?

I’ve paid in and I’ve received back what I’m entitled to!

How about you?

When Hancock has allowed NHS & PHE to continue burning money*, cocking up, refusing private sector help and killing people when he should have banged heads and said "Do It", you're dreaming

* ~£40 Billion more burned, yet hospitals empty and treatments cancelled

But 'rona will kill us all!

I’ve paid in and I’ve received back what I’m entitled to!

How about you?

Thats why the country is massively in debt and needs to raise more taxes.

Matt Hancock - Born 1978 ..a Whiney, churlish, sneery, fecking Remoaner.

Luckily needing the grey vote now more the ever, PMBJ, will likely tell him to do one.

How about a 'Not born in the UK' Tax? where every ponce who wangled their way here pays a percentage more for enjoying our green and pleasant land ?

You could apply that reasoning to plenty of those UNDER 40 and by using that logic why should we pay for for untold lazy fecks to breed more brats that they can't /won't/expect others to, feed?

I'd be willingly to pay more if i could have tick list to chose where it went.

This is just a spite tax as they still blame BREXIT on the same age group without accepting that older you are, the more tax you've likely paid already ... the sulky c*nts

Those younger people are statistically more likely to live longer, and therefore, be using those "free" services for much longer than the current crop of "over 40s." They should get used to paying their larger share early.

Latest Threads