Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Proposed new High Speed Rail connection

By pushing on with the "vital" high speed rail link, the Government can continue with their current high tax policy on all aspects of car usage.
The road network is creaking, but still remains the cheapest, quickest, cleanest, most efficient way of moving goods and persons around the country. This in spite of the fact that most of the actual costs involved are tax's, we cannot wind the clock back we have been pushed into the car to obtain work far from where we live, but at the same time we are being taxed out of the car under the guise of green policy's. By build HS link this myth can be continued.

It won't even stop where i live, yet passes my back door.

So, how many Artics will one freight train take off these roads? As I said earlier, one freight train, 750 meters in length and one driver can move over 3000t of goods in one go. Yes I am aware that it still has to be collected from rail heads, but that would be short haul and would clear up on the main arteries ie motorways.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Easy solution, give them 20 minutes to leave the tunnel and then fill it in with cement from one of these that just happens to be on standby (also fine them £200 for breaking social distancing rules, seeing as the tunnel is a confined space).
1611756809064.png

Le_addeur_noir

On ROPS
On ROPs
I'd give them 15 minutes. No more.

Swampy couldn’t be prouder of his 16 year old son. He’s with him in London and the child is insisting on helping to dig the tunnel and live in it with his Dad etc.

Swampy say’s, he couldn’t be prouder of him.

I know how you feel mate.

How I wish my kids were around back in the seventies so I could have taken them on tour with me in Northern Ireland.

I bet all the other squaddies who are fathers felt the same when they went on tour.

Somebody spare a thought for poor Blue and Lazer...

The father of two climate change activists fears they could die inside a network of tunnels they helped to dig in protest at the HS2 rail project.
Roc Sandford's children Blue and Lazer have been in the tunnels, near Euston station, for the past nine days.​
The 63-year-old said he was "scared he may never see them again" and criticised efforts made to remove them.​

Blogg

LE
Somebody spare a thought for poor Blue and Lazer...

The father of two climate change activists fears they could die inside a network of tunnels they helped to dig in protest at the HS2 rail project.
Roc Sandford's children Blue and Lazer have been in the tunnels, near Euston station, for the past nine days.​
The 63-year-old said he was "scared he may never see them again" and criticised efforts made to remove them.​

FFS anybody who thinks they can stop the great HS2 White Elephant now is pissing into the wind.

That battle was lost years ago and contractors not exactly been idle

FFS anybody who thinks they can stop the great HS2 White Elephant now is pissing into the wind.

That battle was lost years ago and contractors not exactly been idle

yeah but c'mon... anybody called Roc who names their offspring Lazer and Blue deserves to see their offspring wasting their lives in the swampy-esque squalor of pointless protests in pointless holes in the ground.

Latest Threads