• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Proposal " Play for children to be on Prescription during School Holidays "

I have just read this article with increasing incredulity ... Call for action to end children’s ‘battery-hen existence’ in summer holidays ....

The gist of the article is a proposal that children are offered “ play on prescription “ during school holidays . When I was a child my parents could not see me for dust when the Summer school holidays came . I was out with my mates from dawn until dusk . There were no fat kids in the 40’s and 50’s . When I started Grammar School we were given assignments to keep our brains active during any long holiday so that we could hit the ground running on return .... so there was no real escape from the pressure of school work .

I have just read this article with increasing incredulity ... Call for action to end children’s ‘battery-hen existence’ in summer holidays ....

The gist of the article is a proposal that children are offered “ play on prescription “ during school holidays . When I was a child my parents could not see me for dust when the Summer school holidays came . I was out with my mates from dawn until dusk . There were no fat kids in the 40’s and 50’s . When I started Grammar School we were given assignments to keep our brains active during any long holiday so that we could hit the ground running on return .... so there was no real escape from the pressure of school work .
I have a 5 year old, and work full time.

We therefore pay for him to attend a holiday club, run by the same people who do his after school club which allows me to work and then collect him. This gets expensive - so much so we had to calculate if we where better off keeping him in club or one of us going part time....

I understand the desire to make childcare cheaper so those on lower incomes can afford it and work, but not sure a prescription method is the way to do it!

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
This is being pushed no doubt by the unemployed dole scrounging crust of societies arse who get free childcare on the basis they are out looking for work.

I've been in enough houses during the daytime to know the cnuts are sitting in their jimjams at 1 in the afternoon watching Jeremy Kyle.

cnuts.

Everything in the world of education is designed to **** over full time employee parents.

"We have an open day / parents meeting / one to one and it's in the middle of the day. Can you attend?"

Of course I can't you ****. Do you understand how difficult it is to get time off? You're already doing a three week half day settle for primary school. That's three weeks my wife and I have to figure out how the **** we get away at 11 to pick our child up at 12, without pissing off our employees or wasting valuable holiday dates for this shit.

cnuts.

Because if that, I will take my child on holiday when it suits me, not your school system. If that upsets you, **** you. I'll pay the £60 fine and save about £1000 because I'm not going during the monopolistic school holidays.

This means our family can spend quality time together when it suits us all and not you cnuts in education.

As for school holidays, again, if my leave blocks don't fall during them, I don't get to spend the holidays with my family. Guess what? This year it doesn't. So for six weeks my wife has to manage our child alone whilst I work every day. Even then, she has to work some of it, so I need to spend £48 a day on private childcare because we have no other options.

Whereas those unemployed dossers get it all and more.

cnuts.

I may have got sidetracked here....

This is being pushed no doubt by the unemployed dole scrounging crust of societies arse who get free childcare on the basis they are out looking for work.

I've been in enough houses during the daytime to know the cnuts are sitting in their jimjams at 1 in the afternoon watching Jeremy Kyle.

cnuts.

Everything in the world of education is designed to **** over full time employee parents.

"We have an open day / parents meeting / one to one and it's in the middle of the day. Can you attend?"

Of course I can't you ****. Do you understand how difficult it is to get time off? You're already doing a three week half day settle for primary school. That's three weeks my wife and I have to figure out how the **** we get away at 11 to pick our child up at 12, without pissing off our employees or wasting valuable holiday dates for this shit.

cnuts.

Because if that, I will take my child on holiday when it suits me, not your school system. If that upsets you, **** you. I'll pay the £60 fine and save about £1000 because I'm not going during the monopolistic school holidays.

This means our family can spend quality time together when it suits us all and not you cnuts in education.

As for school holidays, again, if my leave blocks don't fall during them, I don't get to spend the holidays with my family. Guess what? This year it doesn't. So for six weeks my wife has to manage our child alone whilst I work every day. Even then, she has to work some of it, so I need to spend £48 a day on private childcare because we have no other options.

cnuts.

Everything you have said is true and i agree with. Feel your pain as we are in the same boat

cnuts.

cnuts.

cnuts.

Yep. It is ****.

Much the same here, in general and when applied to the 1960's. I don't remember many kids with obesity and mental health problems, just "normal"". There was much more for kids to do out of the house, and estates might have been poor and dysfunctional but I don't remember idle tw@ts on benefits, nor druggies. In general, folk were hardworking round our way though not well off, and kids were healthy. Adult obesity was as common as it is now, but by heck there's some gross horrors cutting about today.

World's changed, kids seem to spend most of their existence on social media. Then again I think sometimes they're not safe on the streets in some areas, as recent news has shown.

cnuts.

cnuts.

cnuts.

Yeah but free boots...

So swings and roundabouts

So it would seem in some ways when I was a child I was part of a fortunate generation ... all the mothers of my mates were additional “ Aunties “ ... even with rationing we were adequately fed with proper meals ... the country seemed to have been a safer place ... we thought nothing of cycling miles to find new adventures . Our children too luckily had a similar experience for they were brought up in a small village where everyone knew everyone else ... they too had lots of “ Aunties “ ... we were surrounded by fields and the dunes / sea not too far away .

My parents were from humble beginnings ,,, my father became a respected , self taught and truly erudite man ... at home I was prepared for life by being raised in a caring family environment .