Property porn..... houses you would love to own!

#2
The grade-II listed country house was bought by American merchant banker Charles McVeigh five years ago.
I guess Mr McVeigh has just learned that his nest egg is now worth slightly less than a week's shopping, so offers may be accepted! :lol:
 
#3
The idea for this thread came after reading about this lovely property (which cannot just be called a house), but I carefully managed to lose the details!

Savills.com

Oh Lord, please allow me to win the Lottery!

Litotes
 
#5
I have a very simple desire; a proper, stone built, completely detached building in the west country with a few acres and no other buildings around.

I'd do up the house myself (to an extent), make it nice in a manly way, make sure I have a couple of cats, a proper dog, a proper landrover.

Spend all spare time walking on Dartmoor and generally acting like it's still 1900...
Crabby's Trouser Accident
 
#6
Rightmove

This one's even further out of my price range...

If I somehow find enough money to get a deposit I can afford about £170,000.... ah...
 
#7
leveller said:
Try this one, though a lottery win will not be enough, offers around £70 MILLION!

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-17423656.rsp?pa_n=1&tr_t=buy
I know that house!

That property is right next to what used to be RARDE Chertsey. It is a stone's throw from the M3 and the test track, which may still be in use!

As far as I know, that house was built some 10 years ago and is still empty - apart from the security guards.

Litotes
 
#8
leveller said:
Try this one, though a lottery win will not be enough, offers around £70 MILLION!

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-17423656.rsp?pa_n=1&tr_t=buy
That's utterly foul. No doubt soon to be owned by the Beckhams or a Russian/Chinese with no taste.

Having just looked again at the map... they'd blatantly get quite bad road noise from the m3 under appropriate weather conditions. Far too close! £70mil to be able to hear the m3...

Anything over 1.5mil is just crass...
 
#10
Litotes said:
leveller said:
Try this one, though a lottery win will not be enough, offers around £70 MILLION!

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-17423656.rsp?pa_n=1&tr_t=buy
I know that house!

That property is right next to what used to be RARDE Chertsey. It is a stone's throw from the M3 and the test track, which may still be in use!

As far as I know, that house was built some 10 years ago and is still empty - apart from the security guards.

Litotes
The Crown Prince of Dubai ownes most of that area, was it one he built? I helped with a project down there for him, he built an earth station with more data capacity than we took to Op Granby.
 
#11
WhiteHorse said:
Litotes said:
leveller said:
Try this one, though a lottery win will not be enough, offers around £70 MILLION!

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-17423656.rsp?pa_n=1&tr_t=buy
I know that house!

That property is right next to what used to be RARDE Chertsey. It is a stone's throw from the M3 and the test track, which may still be in use!

As far as I know, that house was built some 10 years ago and is still empty - apart from the security guards.

Litotes
The Crown Prince of Dubai ownes most of that area, was it one he built? I helped with a project down there for him, he built an earth station with more data capacity than we took to Op Granby.
No idea, Whitehorse.

It is a big house in a large estate but right next to a road and very close to the M3. As Crabby wrote, the traffic noise must be awful. The only reason for buying that house would be that your helicopter would not attract any complaints about noise!

I am certain that is has been priced at £70m for most of the last ten years!

Litotes
 
#12
Litotes said:
WhiteHorse said:
Litotes said:
leveller said:
Try this one, though a lottery win will not be enough, offers around £70 MILLION!

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-17423656.rsp?pa_n=1&tr_t=buy
I know that house!

That property is right next to what used to be RARDE Chertsey. It is a stone's throw from the M3 and the test track, which may still be in use!

As far as I know, that house was built some 10 years ago and is still empty - apart from the security guards.

Litotes
The Crown Prince of Dubai ownes most of that area, was it one he built? I helped with a project down there for him, he built an earth station with more data capacity than we took to Op Granby.
No idea, Whitehorse.

It is a big house in a large estate but right next to a road and very close to the M3. As Crabby wrote, the traffic noise must be awful. The only reason for buying that house would be that your helicopter would not attract any complaints about noise!

I am certain that is has been priced at £70m for most of the last ten years!

Litotes
This has been on the market for years, and yes it is totally tastless.
 
#14
Litotes said:
The idea for this thread came after reading about this lovely property (which cannot just be called a house), but I carefully managed to lose the details!

Savills.com

Oh Lord, please allow me to win the Lottery!

Litotes
Nice big balcony on that one. You could practice for hours and hours on your, er, drills 'n stuff...
 
#15
#18
Polar, I read somewhere recently about some sort of joint equity scheme

that MoD or someone were looking at. I don't know if that is worth looking

into. I think that it is shocking if today's soldier cannot afford to put a

roof over himself and his family.

In this country, we have priced our own youngsters out of the market. I

believe this to be wrong. You can call me a communist or you can call

me a cnut, but a house is something for people to live in. Everyone

that works and contributes to society should be able to acquire the

means to buy a property. Something wrong somewhere.

I hope that prices continue to rattle downwards so that people on low

incomes can put a roof over their families heads.

When I bought my first property it cost me the equivalent of two years

wages, I wonder what the equivalent is today?
 
#19
I like to think that this contains all I will ever need. Somewhere nice where Mrs Codename and I can turn our backs on the rat race.

Linky
 
#20
codename1157 said:
I like to think that this contains all I will ever need. Somewhere nice where Mrs Codename and I can turn our backs on the rat race.

Linky
1. Does Mrs Codename know this is where she is living when you leave the Army? :D

2. I reckon if you turn your back on the rat-race, they'll just come round the other side of you! :D :D

Litotes
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top