Proper Remembering.

It'll be the ones who posted "sleep easy Sir, your duty is done, I'm raising a glass for you now" type *******.

I may have to do a thread search and highlight all of those culpable.
I plan to haunt anyone who posts than when I kark it.

I plan to haunt anyone who posts than when I kark it.
We shall drink together in Valhalla as brothers in arms.

Stand down warrior and rest your shield for you have done your duty.

Is that ok?

Thank you for your service

We shall drink together in Valhalla as brothers in arms.

Stand down warrior and rest your shield for you have done your duty.

Is that ok?
You jest but I've just seen a Facebook post from an aquaintance who is pictured saluting a war memorial with a "Sir Captain Tom Mr Moore I salute you RIP etc." caption.

You jest but I've just seen a Facebook post from an aquaintance who is pictured saluting a war memorial with a "Sir Captain Tom Mr Moore I salute you RIP etc." caption.
Your acquaintance requires a swift headbutt to relieve him of his hysterical cheesy outbursts.

Is he a hat?

Your acquaintance requires a swift headbutt to relieve him of his hysterical cheesy outbursts.

Is he a hat?

Feel free to use this one on your Facebook page

1614550110338.png

Too busy remembering, to think about standing at ease and at attention.

I have postponed my proper Capt. Sir Tom remembering until the Danbury Mint create a wonderful limited edition Capt Sir Tom Anniversary Memorial Commemorative to display alongside my hand-numbered, limited edition folio honouring “The People’s Princess”.

No... my Princess Diana 20th Anniversary Memorial Commemorative is not for sale before you start driving me mad with pitiful pleas for my wonderful piece of limited edition proper remembering. You can read it and weep here though...

F410CC92-57DC-4127-AFB0-6D54CDB145A1.jpeg

I have postponed my proper Capt. Sir Tom remembering until the Danbury Mint create a wonderful limited edition Capt Sir Tom Anniversary Memorial Commemorative to display alongside my hand-numbered, limited edition folio honouring “The People’s Princess”.

**** the Danbury mint, when the Royal mint might be on the case

**** the Danbury mint, when the Royal mint might be on the case

Now that would be state sponsored proper remembering but nowhere near as mawkishly tat as Danbury Mjnt offerings. Definitely too upmarket for Sun/Star/Mirror/Mail/Express readers. Where do I send my money for Royal Mint Remembering?

Well, at the next remembrance ceremony I attend, not only will I have my extra large veteran's badge / poppy(s) and my medals-I'll also be using crutches to honour this great man.

Does anyone know how to salute with crutches? A new drill book ought to be written.

I was thinking maybe a 'Double Rimmer' style waving of the right hand crutch would be rather classy.

Well, at the next remembrance ceremony I attend, not only will I have my extra large veteran's badge / poppy(s) and my medals-I'll also be using crutches to honour this great man.

Does anyone know how to salute with crutches? A new drill book ought to be written.

I was thinking maybe a 'Double Rimmer' style waving of the right hand crutch would be rather classy.
Don’t you mean ‘Double Zimmer’?

A sturdy Zimmer Frame, adorned with Regimental stickers and some dangling trinkets, is much more in keeping for added solemnity.