Proper Remembering.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
Now at this time of commemoration I'm concerned some aren't properly remembering. We really need public displays of tears, red flowers, wrist bands and good modern Facebook remembering.
I understand some will be remembering properly by turning off the lights, missing news at ten, eating bread and dripping in the dark for proper remembering.
What are everyone's plans to ensure you've properly remembered in sufficient quantity and better than anyone else's remembering.

What you have to remember is that 100 years ago they didn't have status updates and like buttons. It's a wonder anything got done really. I may post a video on faceache of me crying 'real' tears and telling everyone that they must show they care by sharing. I do hope those lovely people at Britain First do one of their excellent shares for us all to pass round and like.

I'm Remembering by hoping it will all be over by Christmas...

Rodney2q

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
I'm going to dig a trench in the back garden and eat, sleep and shit in it.
See you in 4 years.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
What you have to remember is that 100 years ago they didn't have status updates and like buttons. It's a wonder anything got done really. I may post a video on faceache of me crying 'real' tears and telling everyone that they must show they care by sharing. I do hope those lovely people at Britain First do one of their excellent shares for us all to pass round and like.
They wrote poetry back then so we can read it, cry and do proper remembering. I think you on video crying is a great act of proper remembering, maybe best on a bus so others can join in.

I got pissed tonight. Most of an 18 year old malt. I wish I could afford better.

I drank not to forget, but to remember 5 great uncles on one side and 3 on the other, who never came back from the "little adventure". I think they would appreciated it.

So get pissed for the lost comrades. They would be joining you if they could.

I will be lining the streets with my wee union flag and rapturously shouting and applauding any and all people wearing any form of military kit*, then back home to hear of any other celebrations on my wireless for that true 1914 information overload.

*Maybe not students though

I've dug a hole in the garden, half filled it with water and a dead horse, and plan to sit in it overnight wearing a saucepan on my head and eating bully beef sandwiches whilst the missus lobs fireworks and releases gaseous clouds of fecal fumes in my general direction shouting "Tommy! For you ze var ist over!" at random intervals in between singing "Oh Tannenbaum..." and stomping around a lot in a goose steppy kind of way.

Filling up, here: so much raw emotion on display.

My humble offering will be to release a badly-recorded CD of a medley of songs taken from the works of Frank Ifield and The Sex Pistols. It will be called, 'I Remember You, You Kunt'.

I'm going to paradoxically remember by remembering nothing as I wasn't alive at the time, I may even go one step further and commemorate!

I am at the German Embassy in London very early tomorrow, I will ask if they plan any remembering.

I'm going to mark the occasion by coming over all 1914, when I get home tonight, late (having waited for a tram discontinued in 1938 ), flat hatted and rolling drunk, I will: throw my dinner at the wall, knock my wife out, thrash any of the kids stupid enough to be within reach, kick seven sorts of hobnailed shit out of the dog, then take all the housekeeping money and go straight back to the pub.

Try that for six months and you will realise why the women of Britain were keen to issue white feathers and see their menfolk off.

Last edited:

Latest Threads