Propaganda posters of ww2

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by DieHard, Nov 14, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. DieHard

DieHard LE Book Reviewer

while helping my son with his history homework about Nazi Germany he showed me a couple of propaganda posters that got me thinking.
    When I was a kid I picked up loads of posters from the IWM and have seen countless of them in books and museums.
    Does anyone else have a poster they remember from WW2? there are thousands from around the world and its interesting to see how each country depicts its enemies.

Attached Files:

2. DieHard

DieHard LE Book Reviewer

Another one, I can't post more than one at a time on my phone, you have seen mine now show me yours

Attached Files:

3. I have a couple of 'em from a visit to a museum in Singers, packed away unfortunately - they might be a bit tough on modern sensitive eyes - what with the japs portrayed as cruel, buck toothed, bespectacled subhumans and such.
    Will shuffle out to the shed when it cools off a bit out there - see if i can dig them out for you & give them a scan.

4. Here's one or two.

War Bond Drive Poster_72.jpg War Bond Drive Poster_78.jpg War Bond Drive Poster_84.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  5. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

6. [​IMG]

My old Mum saw this and never ate one of their pies again.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Nazi_Lithuanian_poster.JPG

Seemed to be quiet popular at one time

8. Brotherton Lad

9. brettarider

brettarider On ROPs

Oh the ironry of that poster mentioning the KKK when they were gassing/killing 1/2 of europe as they didn't meet the racial profiles or had them working as slave labour supporting the war effort. I'd be interesting to find out the background to this poster and why considering similar parallels with slavery etc they felt supperior

10. DieHard

DieHard LE Book Reviewer

I kilo this one from the soviets

11. Brotherton Lad

It was for the Dutch 'market'. The colour version 'Kultur-Terror' for Norway. Seems the artist was Norwegian. Propaganda only goes in for one-way irony.

Kultur Terror | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harald_Damsleth

http://www.nordiki.no/propaganda04.htm

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. The germans used to drop these on the allied positions, suggesting that their wives etc were out shagging while they were away fighting...

[​IMG]

I'll bet quite a few were tucked away for a quiet moment on stag...

:)

Rodney2q

• Like Like x 1
  13. Brotherton Lad

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1