Proof. The lunatics have taken over

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by waffen, Jun 12, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hope Mike Golden hasn't read this :O

2. WTF was a fat old cow doing in a riot squad FFS

3. You needed proof?

As long as we keep feeding Abu Hamza, I won't be looking for sanity in the powers-that-be.

LB

4. So because you're not fit for the job requirement you can sue for some percieved slight citing age or gender, ****ing unreal pig **** should be ****ing ashamed of herself.

5. Itwas probably really a buka... er oops this is not the NAAFI, I meant scone making class and she ate all the scones.

6. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

Any implications for PAP10?

7. Pararegtom

Pararegtom LE Book Reviewer

Can anyone see in the near future, SNCO/Officer Sues MOD after failing BFT/CFT .

8. WTF and she was going to do what in a riot eat the pies!!!

9. "Can anyone see in the near future, SNCO/Officer Sues MOD after failing BFT/CFT . "
    Er....No, maybe not.

10. Maybe she should take up running instead of pushing pens all day. Send her to me, I will get her fit, fit to drop!! I can run a kilometre in 4.6 minutes at 62 years old she can run the same distance in 4.1 minutes - she is a lot younger than me!! Fat dollop, no reason to give her anything!!

11. it makes me cross because some people will tar all females with the same brush :( she should make the effort to get fit and stay fit for her own self respect let alone to be capable of doing the job she is (well) paid to do

12. Another Daily Mail classic. Journalism so shoddy it's difficult to know where to start, but I'll give it a go.

Headline: Woman inspector 'humiliated' by failing riot test wins up to £30k

From the article:

In her ruling, Judge Hilary Slater said Insp Bamber's claims of indirect sex and age discrimination were 'well-founded'.

So, indirect sex and age discrimination, not 'humiliation'.

The level of compensation will be set later this month.

So 'up to 30k' just a teensy bit of misrepresentation then.

It's difficult to fathom what the truth actually is given the amount of shite v. facts in this article, but if I were to hazard a guess I suspect the central issue may be that there was no age or gender weighting in the shield run. The well informed will be aware that the army applies both gender and age weighting in its physical tests - and indeed Arms & Service weighting as well.

But as I said this is just a guess; it's akin to trying to understand what a dribbling 2 year old is saying.

• Like Like x 1
  13. as an inspector she should be more aware than anyone of how tight the budgets are being squeezed, but she still manages to squeeze £30K out of it to feather her own nest>>>FFS the only good thing is that she will probably have to pay 40% tax on it!

where are we going with all this bullshit? are we going to scrap fitness test for the Fire Service and Armed Forces next?

14. Serious Mode: On. I know I really should'nt be surprised by the antics of our police "services", but I had to check I was'nt reading a Daily Mash piss-take. Both the inspector and the judge have proved themselves incapable of doing their jobs. They are an utter disgrace to their respective professions and this perverse decision could have very serious consquences. Not least in the potential recruitment of some police officers into roles such as Public Order and Firearms for which they are unsuitable.

Which, in turn, could lead to the deaths of police officers or members of the public. A high price to pay for Political Correctness and Equality. But then, the judge and the inspector won't be the ones to pay it...:pissedoff:

Serious Mode: Off. On the other hand, I twice failed Selection for 23 SAS. Now they say I'm too old(and fat/stupid/ugly)to try again....anyone know the number of a good lawyer who works on No Win, No Fee?:plotting: