Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by GSSigs, Jun 3, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have been informed by my OC that he wants to promote me to LCPL but he cant be sure how long it will take to go through because there is a rule saying you have to have completed 2 bounty years before you can be promoted. Has anyone else heard of this?
  2. How long have you been in and do you have any ex-reg service.
  3. 18 months months. I have completed all relevant ticks in boxes like trade training.
  4. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Never heard of this - and I have certainly promoted sooner than this. Maybe a Regt/Corps thing, but most likley made up/local rule :)
  5. i have been granted local rank for course attendances, but no word on full promotion.
  6. Never heard of it myself. Personally, I'd ask him where the rule comes from, afterall it is only a question and if it is a local/regt thing then you know why.
  7. Have a look in TA regulations?
  8. have a look at the serving soldier bit of the army website: MCM pages

or in that big folder they gave you (PDR?). In ours it tells you minimum service before promotions. Ours is 18 months before lance jack.
  9. Or 2.5 mins for 2nd Liet, :wink:
  10. Harsh hogspawn, it's going to be atleast 12months, although I have heard of an eight month wonder-but they were quite an exception.

Now as for how long some 2Lt's last, you might be closer.
  11. Depends how hard you ride them :roll:
  12. Depends if you play for the regimental footy team !!

Ooh is that my bitter ? Cheers
  13. havent heard that one before! i got my first stripe much sooner than that...
    it's hard being good tho ;-) lol
  14. Never heard of this, sounds like a local rule. The main criteria is having the correct trade quals, when I was in the inf that was being class 1 and completed MOI. Sigs seems to be class 2 and DITS (plus driving quals if your in 11 Sig Bde)
  15. Cheers Lads, hopefully it'll drop b4 telic7