Promotions

Discussion in 'Sappers' started by Fozza, Feb 10, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Went down to the careers office today for my barb and basic skills test. Ive one job in mind, and thats to be a sapper (fitter general). The staff down there is now telling me to look at joining REME as the promotion is fast.

I want to be a sapper, but now im curious.

1. How fast are the promotions as a sapper?

2. Would a fitter general be a good role to take to be considered as an officer in the future?

3. Also, where are the usual postings and are there many exercises taken abroad?

thanks to anyone who can help me out here.

2. did you not think to ask them at the careers office????

if not, then yes you have orificer potential.

3. reme get promoted quickly if you have the right face for the job. same as anywhere else really. join as an orrificer to start with then you wont have to worry about it. if you want to be an engineer and go abroad, then ask to be posted to 35 Engineer Regiment in Germany

4. If your a Fitter and you can get amongst the cock with blatant disregard for anyone else then promotion is generally poor after full screw/stripey. If you refuse to salt and pepper, even worse.

To sumarise shnek like a Catholic schoolboy in the priests 'office' and you should get your second by seven years. If your completely inept at the trade that doesn't seem to matter either.

5. OOOHHH Bitter are we!!! lol

6. [​IMG]

7. one for you F_B...............

[​IMG]

just your sort of promotion. :D :D :D :D

8. Ram it ballbag's.

[​IMG]

9. OOOO'OOOOO We're all tired!!!

10. somebody needs a hug.

[​IMG]

11. Thats absoloutly disgusting...............................................
    Imagine posting a photo of a ginger Yeeeeeuuuuuuurrrrgggggghhhhhhhh

12. Pissing Self My Laughing?