• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Promotional slogans for towns - some new ideas...

Shrewsbury has been promoting its links with Charles Darwin (author of the classic "On the origins of species" and the theory of evolution) for a while now and most of the signs on the outskirts have the slogan:

"Shrewsbury - Birthplace of Charles Darwin"

However I can't help but think that if Darwin had to walk the route I travel to work each day, and was able to observe the various track suit wearing, mono-browed, six-fingered banjo players who inhabit the various council estates I am sure that he would be more inclined to favour a slogan more along the lines of:

"Shrewsbury - Proudly inbreeding since the 13th Century"

Do any ARRSE members feel other towns should have a more realistic slogan as well?

:D

Rodney2q

Bristol - Pick 'ee out they stingers moi Bab
Bridgwater - Now less smelly, but still shite
Weston Super Mare - Providing the nation's addicts with seaside accomodation since 1997

Latest Threads