Promotion

OK, so I'd gonna get some flak here but.....

Any idea of the amount of time from the board sits, to actually getting the nod? (or bad news!)

Just seems to be completely random and depends on the weather lol

Sorry just hate not knowing :D

GuybrushThreepwood said:
Starting to sweat a bit BB? :)
To be honest... I normally don't even think about it until they come out the line "oh and it seems somebodys dressed incorrectly" ....

But, this time, just itching :)

Fingers crossed I guess.

RP578

LE
Book Reviewer
bibo_boy said:
GuybrushThreepwood said:
To be honest... I normally don't even think about it until they come out the line "oh and it seems somebodys dressed incorrectly" ....

Fingers crossed I guess.
Bloody 'eck mate, you're shooting up the greasy pole pretty quickly aren't you? Seems like only a year or so ago when you got your second!

Who've you been fellating? :D

RP578 said:
bibo_boy said:
GuybrushThreepwood said:

Fingers crossed I guess.
Bloody 'eck mate, you're shooting up the greasy pole pretty quickly aren't you? Seems like only a year or so ago when you got your second!

Who've you been fellating? :D
The list is long, but distinguisted! :eek:

The promotion for Royal Signals has changed recently. If I read the new PD101 correctly (on ArmyNet), some LCpls/Cpls in my unit can't be promoted as they don't have a B+E and are classed by the system as class 4 soldiers

polar said:
The promotion for Royal Signals has changed recently. If I read the new PD101 correctly (on ArmyNet), some LCpls/Cpls in my unit can't be promoted as they don't have a B+E and are classed by the system as class 4 soldiers
Great... I'll probably of left before getting the news then!!!

polar said:
Surely the correct level of driving licence has always been part of the qualifications necessary for promotion (based on class 3/2/1 pre-requisites etc) ?

BB - if you're gonna get it, you'll probably get it on a (Regi)mental weekend, or when there's maximum attendance/dignitary floating about.

I've recently learned that I may as well keep digging with my racing spoon, and stay dug in for another year, despite my efforts. I love being such a cnut!

polar69 said:
I always thought that the correct driving licence was a prerequisit for trade qual never mind promotion
Laugh - i nearly shat!

Next you'll be saying that comms units run comms exercises with serviceable kit and competent operators!

TopBadger said:
polar69 said:
I always thought that the correct driving licence was a prerequisit for trade qual never mind promotion
Laugh - i nearly shat!

Next you'll be saying that comms units run comms exercises with serviceable kit and competent operators!
We do!!!!!

Laugh that is :)

IDONTNEEDAHAIRCUT said:
polar said:
Surely the correct level of driving licence has always been part of the qualifications necessary for promotion (based on class 3/2/1 pre-requisites etc) ?
Only in 12 Sig Grp. The new PD is very confusing regarding driving quals. Annex C seems to indicate a ICS(UK Ops) needs to be B+E at class 2 but states B+E at class 3 to be 'trade trained'.

Relay Ops now seem to require C+E at class 2, bet polar69 loves that. Switch also seems to have move C+E down to class 2. This actually makes sense, I had to gain C+E to gain my class 1 and only used that qual once and Cat C several times - or a complete waste of money.