Promotion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I'm 31 years old and I'm going to join army. I'm just wondering that's because I'm older does it mean I could be promoted faster or maybe it will be opposite way it will take longer to be promoted because of my age?
Thank you for your answer

Hi, I'm 31 years old and I'm going to join army. I'm just wondering that's because I'm older does it mean I could be promoted faster or maybe it will be opposite way it will take longer to be promoted because of my age?

Wow!

You'll also get paid more than your fellow recruits due to your age , and I hope that joining the army is something that you've also wanted to do since you were a child ..... it just took you longer then most to actually do it.

You're generally promoted if you meet the relevant criteria , having passed the relevant course, plus a few other salient points such as how long your have left to serve, if there is a vacancy for the role, etc..

Age does not often come in it - or shouldn't .

I'd get through training first and worry about promotion once you pass out...if you pass out.

What you should have (I hope) is a greater maturity, over the youngsters in your peer group, which will go in your advantage.

Everything else will depend on you as an individual.

Get through training, keep your eyes and ears open and your mouth shut, and let the chips fall where they will.

Good luck.

Mb

Status
Not open for further replies.