Promotion

With a lot of people's noses being put out of place on the W01 board, how many vacancies will there be on the W02 board,SSGT, etc etc, excuse my ignorance is it one for one, and is there any way you can find out before the board sit's.

PS P

Are you going to collect your pre ordered badges or leave them til next year

Mong Child, if you are affected by any of those ranks you mentioned then you know exactly how it works. You dont mention any particular trade so its a pretty dumb useless question. Keep bulling your boots, Basic Training will finish soon! :roll:

Its a one for one swap, done alphabetically from your nominal roll and how many fruit pastilles you can put in your mouth without chewing them

Bowmore_Assassin

MIA
Book Reviewer
kingsofleon said:
With a lot of people's noses being put out of place on the W01 board, how many vacancies will there be on the W02 board,SSGT, etc etc, excuse my ignorance is it one for one, and is there any way you can find out before the board sit's.

Not wishing to be flippant, but any decent RCMO would be able to talk to Glasgow and get a rough feel for numbers. Suffice it to say, the reality of V Eng has bitten. Ergo, the pain will roll down the rank structure regarding promotions...

I would argue that V Eng was intoduced with the best possible intentions (in an era of poor retention, it encouraged people to stay and meant the Army could keep good people for an extra couple of years. It also opened up the opportunity, outside of the Long Service List for a career length akin to that of officers with a Reg C, for the select few. All good stuff). Clearly, there was a demand for it and it seems popular with a good take up (albeit, the popularity of V Eng migh not be quite so high following the WO1 Board and people realising or seeing its effect).

The reality is, unfortunately, that not enough WO1s are leaving the Army at the 22 year point and therefore, there is not enough space for the up and coming.

The numbers for SSgt - WO2 will be significantly down on last year. The numbers, trades and issues are still being worked out. V Eng is a significant issue, but there are other factors which I do not want to go into detail on here. I do feel very sorry for the high quality SSgts who will miss out on promotion, there will be quite a few. We will not have the full details on numbers in trades until early Jan 10.

CH512O said:
Mong Child, if you are affected by any of those ranks you mentioned then you know exactly how it works. You dont mention any particular trade so its a pretty dumb useless question. Keep bulling your boots, Basic Training will finish soon! :roll:
To many fumes have affected your temper, It was a sensible question raised around the lunch table of the Sgts' Mess. As all trades were affected apart from the pioneers who were up for once, it was as I deemed a sensible question and was aimed at all trades. No need for the abuse and you are closer in rank to those coming out of basic than me

kingsofleon said:
CH512O said:
To many fumes have affected your temper, It was a sensible question raised around the lunch table of the Sgts' Mess. As all trades were affected apart from the pioneers who were up for once, it was as I deemed a sensible question and was aimed at all trades. No need for the abuse and you are closer in rank to those coming out of basic than me
Full Screw in Aug 2008??? Bought Mess dress in Nov 2008???

CH5120 I never knew you were that close to Basic young man, is there something your not telling us??????

Woohoo and Im one of them and unfortunatly cant remember any of our Sup cons/specs

So you have me a t a disadvantage?

Cant have known me then I dont share beer

MSI64 said:
Its a one for one swap, done alphabetically from your nominal roll and how many fruit pastilles you can put in your mouth without chewing them
Pastilles FFS............ I was told midget gems and thought it was too easy!

zipit said:
MSI64 said:
Pastilles FFS............ I was told midget gems and thought it was too easy!
Remedial sweet recognition for you mate!!!

Dont know how much was waffle today, but I have been informed that there will be roughly 36 Wo2's, and 44 SSGT's on the upcoming boards across all trades and one trade will not pick up any.