Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by Cyan45, Dec 3, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It says on the army jobs website that some of the Royal Signal job trade's offer promotion after phase 2 training, my question is whats the chances of being promoted straight to a Lcpl after phase 2 (trade: Comms Sys Engineer)
  2. pretty good if you are a good boy. You will still have to do a junior leadership course though (cant remember what they call it exactly as it is still a relatively recent change (last 18 months I think)) and I think you do that before you leave Phase 2.
  3. You have to do your Potential NCO (PNCO) course before leaving Phase 2 if you're a Tech or an EW Op.

Depending on how you perform, you can either leave as a Signaller, an Acting LCpl, or a Substansive LCpl.
  4. Does everyone get offered the PNCO course or is it for a selected few who do well in training?

Also, how difficult is it to come out as a full Lcpl from the PNCO
  5. Everyone who is a EW Op or a Com Sys Eng does it.

Your rank when you finish depends entirely on how hard you try on the course.
  6. Ok cheers :)
  7. What about the Comms system operator do they do the course.
    Also whats the chances of being a WO1
  8. Why do you want to be a WO1 ?
  9. No, Comms Sys Ops actually have to do a bit more work for their first stripe at a unit. As for WO1, no chance straight out of the factory. :wink:
  10. Shurly U Liez, I Wonted 2 bee teh screemin 'ardman
    nxt ull tellz mi i cnt bcm a snyper in teh SAS wid me bigaz gat innit 8O
  11. i know that you dont get it straight out of the factory....i mean are there many people in the signals who have done 20 yrs and become a WO1
  12. Hmm, it's seems that my sarcastic tone of voice doesn't translate very well onto a keyboard, winking smileys or not...
  13. Doesn't seem to be you at fault, dear chappy :lol:
  14. That can't be true. Not so long ago Bob Ainsworth said that if he joined the Army he wanted to be a WO1, not an officer, because that's where all the action is.

(Probably full of holes this post, don't bother pointing them out)
  15. Oh yeah, my bad. Apparently the new blanket stacker/driver trade is gonna be WO1 straight from trade training. But only if they pass their ECDL. :p