Promotion to Brigadier - The Green list

Discussion in 'REME' started by oughttobe, Jun 20, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Congratulations to Mitch Mitchel on his recent selection for promotion to Brigadier. Its good to see that the good guy's get promoted, especially those who look after their soldiers, rather than look after themselves . I take my hat off to you. Well done Mitch, we are proud of you.

2. Blimey! He only became a Colonel about 2 years ago. Good to see, even though he is from 'the North'.

3. Tidy,

He's a good bloke and has done very well, especially considering the shoplifting conviction.

4. Rather thought this was a congrats post, why did you have to pee in the pool!

5. Pimps, Another fantastic result for the REME, great news to get another Brigadier in an influential position keeping the fist in the Army's punch. I was joking about the shoplifting to get a little nibble, we know some of our senior officers like to dress up in womens clothing but I doubt if any of them shoplift, unless it's the end of the month and they are totally skint of course. - A lot do wear them Barbour jackets though!

6. Your forgiven, I do agree Senior officers have a tendancy to let them selves down sometime in their long and distinguished careers, and yes they do inevitably wear the dreaded Barbour. Good to hear another REME officer has hit the one star bracket, I have a feeling Edgar who I was at RMAS with back in the 70's is up there as well. :)