Promotion Should Be Based on Time Served

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by digifishdiablo, May 1, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Wait a minute.... Your name isn't paul is it???????

2. Don't be so bloody stupid people hit the maturity and ability levels for promotion at different times.

So where you feel you been held back for variious reasons. I've been there where i felt should have got a recommendation and didn't.

But why should a guy has outshone everybody consistently be held back for some bitter old barsteward, just cos he hasn't been in for 15 years or something.

3. Silly Tw@t. Get on with life. You make your own destiny.
    You are posted every three years to make expand your knowledge base.

Do all your time in a particuler unit, lets say armour. After 5 yrs what can be written about you. After 5 Yrs you should be Sh1t hot.

Then they post you to a different unit role to see how you adapt to that role thus enabling different stuff to be written in your CR therefore enabling promotion cos you can learn and gain knowledge.

Silly boy pike!!!!

4. Just wait until VEng comes in, it will be time-based promotion and everyone will be whinging about it. Apart from the useless fcukers that haven't been promoted because they can't do their job. They'll be laughing because they will be the only ones in the right time bracket to get promoted. :evil:

5. Promotion should be based on merit and ability.

6. Promotion already is based on merit and ability, or have I missed the bus?

7. Thats the point I was trying to make - you are just trying to be smart. Fcuk off

8. Please tell me this is some sort of elaborate Waaaaaaaaaa.

9. IMHO the only tw@ts that get promoted, in the RMP anyway, are those arrse kissing yes men/birds who's tongue is more often than not caressing the prostate of the CSM, RSM or OC of their units. When I told them to fcuk off I was getting out of the whole fcking silly game, they all came to kiss my arrse and told me that I was deffo in for promotion. I made the mistake of actually giving a toss and trying to do my job as best I could, whilst the lazy bustards who ran the show, avoided it lke the plague. There were too many lazy cnuts who got by on OBE that made me see the light and get out. I don't think time served should get you anywhere, it should be effort and nothing else. Its a bit like the civpol where old lazy cnuts expect respect but don't earn it first.

Rage over! :D

10. G3, those viens sticking out of your neck cant be good for your health mate.

Put the keyboard down and back away from the WaaaaaH thread!!

11. :wink: i was promoted seven times in total..still left as a cpl..not big or clever, but i did have a laugh in our glorious corps :lol:

PS i should have just rented the mess kit for all the use i got out of it..

12. PROMOTION ON TIME SERVED? WAKE UP NUMB NUTS, YOU SHOULD ONLY GET PROMOTED IF YOU ARE THE DOGS BOLLOCKS. WHEN I LEFT THE A.A.COLL AND WAS POSTED TO GERMANY, I WAS PRESENTED WITH MY OUTSTANDING REPORT AFTER 6 MONTHS, AND THEN EVERY SIX MONTHS THERE AFTER UNTIL A VACANCIES IN MY TRADE BECAME AVAILABLE. I SAW SPOGGY LITTLE RAD OPS GETTING MADE UP LEFT RIGHT AND CENTRE, BUT I WAS STUCK IN THAT RTG RUTT. UNFORTUNATLY THERE WAS ANOTHER SIGGY RTG IN OUR SQN, HE'D BEEN IN ALOT LONGER THEN MYSELF, BUT THE SQN PLAYED FAIR....BOTH HIMSELF AND I HAD TO SWOP WAGONS, SWAP TROOPS TO SEE WHO WAS THE BEST, EVENTUALLY BOTH OF US WERE MADE UP IN SEPT 90. MIKE IF YOU ARE READING THIS, YOU WILL REMEMBER THE BULLSHIT WE WENT THROUGH....ANYWAY THE MORAL TO THE STORY IS, TIME SERVED JUST MEANS YOU ARE DEAD WOOD, IF YOU ARE GOOD AT YOUR TRADE AND A RESPECTED MEMBER OF THE TROOP, YOU WILL RX YOUR PROMOTION.

13. FCUK MY EYES!!!!

MY EYES!!!

14. Man..I can't believe so many people fell for that blatant wah. That guy's tongue was planted so firmly in his cheek and people start gobbing off about "...in my day..." etc.