Promotion Should Be Based on Time Served

Don't be so bloody stupid people hit the maturity and ability levels for promotion at different times.

So where you feel you been held back for variious reasons. I've been there where i felt should have got a recommendation and didn't.

But why should a guy has outshone everybody consistently be held back for some bitter old barsteward, just cos he hasn't been in for 15 years or something.

digifishdiablo said:
Dear Deidre,

I think I'm an excellent soldier and tradesperson. Unfortunately throughout the years I have had the displeasure of meeting people who did'nt agree with my own opinion of myself. This causes me some concern because people might believe the negative publicity and this would career foul me.

I think that promotion should be based on time served and an absolute right. Every year I have to go through the hassle of redressing every report until the powers that be back down and give me what I want for a quiet life.

Is'nt this a waste of everybodies time, they only end up promoting me and posting me somewhere else to start the cycle again.
Silly Tw@t. Get on with life. You make your own destiny.
You are posted every three years to make expand your knowledge base.

Do all your time in a particuler unit, lets say armour. After 5 yrs what can be written about you. After 5 Yrs you should be Sh1t hot.

Then they post you to a different unit role to see how you adapt to that role thus enabling different stuff to be written in your CR therefore enabling promotion cos you can learn and gain knowledge.

Silly boy pike!!!!

Just wait until VEng comes in, it will be time-based promotion and everyone will be whinging about it. Apart from the useless fcukers that haven't been promoted because they can't do their job. They'll be laughing because they will be the only ones in the right time bracket to get promoted. :evil:

digifishdiablo said:
Dear Deidre,

I think I'm an excellent soldier and tradesperson. Unfortunately throughout the years I have had the displeasure of meeting people who did'nt agree with my own opinion of myself. This causes me some concern because people might believe the negative publicity and this would career foul me.

I think that promotion should be based on time served and an absolute right. Every year I have to go through the hassle of redressing every report until the powers that be back down and give me what I want for a quiet life.

Is'nt this a waste of everybodies time, they only end up promoting me and posting me somewhere else to start the cycle again.
Promotion should be based on merit and ability.

Lairdx said:
digifishdiablo said:
Dear Deidre,

Promotion already is based on merit and ability, or have I missed the bus?

Yes_Sir! said:
Lairdx said:
digifishdiablo said:
Dear Deidre,

Promotion already is based on merit and ability, or have I missed the bus?
Thats the point I was trying to make - you are just trying to be smart. Fcuk off

digifishdiablo said:
Dear Deidre,

Please tell me this is some sort of elaborate Waaaaaaaaaa.

IMHO the only tw@ts that get promoted, in the RMP anyway, are those arrse kissing yes men/birds who's tongue is more often than not caressing the prostate of the CSM, RSM or OC of their units. When I told them to fcuk off I was getting out of the whole fcking silly game, they all came to kiss my arrse and told me that I was deffo in for promotion. I made the mistake of actually giving a toss and trying to do my job as best I could, whilst the lazy bustards who ran the show, avoided it lke the plague. There were too many lazy cnuts who got by on OBE that made me see the light and get out. I don't think time served should get you anywhere, it should be effort and nothing else. Its a bit like the civpol where old lazy cnuts expect respect but don't earn it first.

Rage over! :D

G3, those viens sticking out of your neck cant be good for your health mate.

Put the keyboard down and back away from the WaaaaaH thread!!

:wink: i was promoted seven times in total..still left as a cpl..not big or clever, but i did have a laugh in our glorious corps :lol:

PS i should have just rented the mess kit for all the use i got out of it..

PROMOTION ON TIME SERVED? WAKE UP NUMB NUTS, YOU SHOULD ONLY GET PROMOTED IF YOU ARE THE DOGS BOLLOCKS. WHEN I LEFT THE A.A.COLL AND WAS POSTED TO GERMANY, I WAS PRESENTED WITH MY OUTSTANDING REPORT AFTER 6 MONTHS, AND THEN EVERY SIX MONTHS THERE AFTER UNTIL A VACANCIES IN MY TRADE BECAME AVAILABLE. I SAW SPOGGY LITTLE RAD OPS GETTING MADE UP LEFT RIGHT AND CENTRE, BUT I WAS STUCK IN THAT RTG RUTT. UNFORTUNATLY THERE WAS ANOTHER SIGGY RTG IN OUR SQN, HE'D BEEN IN ALOT LONGER THEN MYSELF, BUT THE SQN PLAYED FAIR....BOTH HIMSELF AND I HAD TO SWOP WAGONS, SWAP TROOPS TO SEE WHO WAS THE BEST, EVENTUALLY BOTH OF US WERE MADE UP IN SEPT 90. MIKE IF YOU ARE READING THIS, YOU WILL REMEMBER THE BULLSHIT WE WENT THROUGH....ANYWAY THE MORAL TO THE STORY IS, TIME SERVED JUST MEANS YOU ARE DEAD WOOD, IF YOU ARE GOOD AT YOUR TRADE AND A RESPECTED MEMBER OF THE TROOP, YOU WILL RX YOUR PROMOTION.

Man..I can't believe so many people fell for that blatant wah. That guy's tongue was planted so firmly in his cheek and people start gobbing off about "...in my day..." etc.

Just a thought but there are people out there who actually do get promoted after incessant whinging. Promote them to post them out of unit.

sometimes being crap at the job will get some wasters ahead. Not me though, I will never arse kiss or be shite and expect ahead.

G3Ops,

Are you trying to tell me that the system works, and if I take a look at myself I might realize that I'm not really as good as I think.
Would you also be telling me that the system is not only protecting everybody else from me, but doing me favour by not dropping me in the deep end?

You know what? I might just take your advice and start enjoying life a little more instead of wasting the time of those in the G1 chain who have more people than me to take care of.

Thats me convinced.

Apologies for any offence caused by this post.

digifishdiablo said:
PD,

Maybe if my tongue had been placed elsewhere I may have got on. Whats your secret to success?
PD's a typical reactionary gobshite trying his best to be a goldenbollocks but failing miserably. Unfortunately the promotion boards must have been fooled up till now. The old saying is right..."the squeaky wheel gets the oil"! My contacts tell me that was lucky not to have joined the Blandford Three!

albert-turner said:
CardinalSin said:
My contacts tell me that was lucky not to have joined the Blandford Three!
WTF??.................sounds like a statement worthy of elaboration.....
For the love of all things holy, do we have to start dragging that bollox up again.

Albert, have a look back a couple of years and theres a few threads about it. Its old news, and completely unworthy of elaboration.

Boney