Promotion prospects

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by Thermo_Man, Sep 28, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all. Sorry quick background to put my question in perspective.
    Last November I failed RCB and so decided to go into Para Reg. Idea being that I possibly would try again after few years. Today I got a call from the Capt who was helping me through officer selection. He suggested to me that I should consider another regiment or corp (ie his) since there will be a lot of guys with combat experience in the Regiment from Afghanistan that they would slow up me becoming a lance corporal and getting the opportunity to have another go.
    I’m 25 and time is a bit tight so I wanted to know if this is true?

2. Personally, I also think you might be better off joining a Corps (not necessarily his). You most likely have at least A levels, so you may as well make them work for you. Some Corps have plenty of people who are more educationally qualified than many officers.

3. Go corps mate, at 25 you will be better positioned maturity wise for promotion.

4. Thank you. I needed a second opinion. Not that I doubt his integrity but he is in the business of recruiting and so that always puts things at a slant. Maybe I should be more trusting.

5. No, stick with scepticism and a healthy dose of cynicism every time. If you are naive u will be taken for a ride.

6. Be..a..cynical..cnut.. Got it!. Thank you again. Time to do some more research methinks.