promotion in the ramc

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by sickboy, Nov 1, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I know the corp lack's in number's but why are we promoting class 2 cmt's? surely you shouldnt be promoted until you've at least completed the cmt one course (for what it's worth) or at least aquire some operational experiance first? course's under there belts? or at least 3yrs experiance in a med unit? :wink:
    This will have disastrous effect's in years to come,if not already
  2. Yup. You're fairly amusing.
  3. If you hadnt noticed the disastrous effects are already visable as we have been promoting class 2's for about 5 years.

PS I totally agree with you.

LCpl = CMT 1 with at least 3 years experience.
  4. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Unfortunatley when there are 90 LCpl slots and 70 Pte recommended then it goes without saying the 70 will get promoted!

Also don't forget Tp Comd and Sqn Comds have to recommend these people!- and do with frightening regularity! They certainly didn't listen to the likes of me when pen pictures were produced for them!
  5. If this is all you think that we need to promote our soldiers then we are in trouble!!!
  6. having gained the illustrious rank of full screw with some hard work my unit 12 sqn 3csmr is now missing 10 full screws the other one working with me is an ftrs! guy. it is now frighting the lance jacks who have only been in the army 2.5 to 3 years are being looked at to fill gaps. whats going on. :?
  7. Obvious retention problems don't you think?