Promotion for Prince Andrew

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
Comedy rank for a comedy ranker.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Not the most helpful sounding rank he could have been awarded just now....

Good evening

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2950969/Under-fire-Prince-Andrew-gets-good-news-mother-promotes-rank-vice-admiral.html

On the strength of the MOD saying this is the rank he would have achieved had he not retired at 41 years old

Using that rule I should be promoted to Lt Col immediately and I claim a pension up lift

Archie
IIRC he failed the promotion board for Commander which made his chances of achieving anything near flag rank precisely zero.

It's his Mums navy and if she wants her little sailor boy to be an admiral then that's up to her.

westendboy

On ROPS
On ROPs
Yeah but he did the Falklands so I heard. Acting as a target for incoming.

Just what I don`t remember.

Good evening

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2950969/Under-fire-Prince-Andrew-gets-good-news-mother-promotes-rank-vice-admiral.html

On the strength of the MOD saying this is the rank he would have achieved had he not retired at 41 years old

Using that rule I should be promoted to Lt Col immediately and I claim a pension up lift

Archie
I would totally agree if your mum owned the navy. Dont forget this is the same family that wheels Edward out with more tinnery than a NK general. Cant really see an issue here, could he be presented to visting dignitaries as HRH Able Seaman Prince Andrew of the lower mess deck?

Lets not mention Vice or Admiral Rank here!
Lets just look at a nice picture of a bloke & his bit of totty by his side!

What a firm pair this young lady has!

Out of curiosity I looked up Charlie's wiki entry. Apparently his ludicrous and pythonesque full title is....

His Royal Highness The Prince Charles Philip Arthur George, Prince of Wales and Earl of Chester, Duke of Cornwall, Duke of Rothesay, Earl of Carrick, Baron of Renfrew, Lord of the Isles, Prince and Great Steward of Scotland, Royal Knight Companion of the Most Noble Order of the Garter, Extra Knight of the Most Ancient and Most Noble Order of the Thistle, Grand Master and Principal Knight Grand Cross of the Most Honourable Order of the Bath, Member of the Order of Merit, Knight of the Order of Australia, Companion of the Queen's Service Order, Royal Chief Grand Companion of the Order of Logohu, Member of Her Majesty's Most Honourable Privy Council, Member of the Queen's Privy Council for Canada, Aide-de-Camp to Her Majesty

It's like Kenny Everett on speed.

She already does... and he doesn't get paid as a Vice Admiral, it's honorary.
Pipe down, you're spoiling the frothy outrage.

Odd though, as I'd always heard he was more of a Rear Admiral.
I thought that HM had a sense of irony by making him a vice admiral but rear admiral, well we need to be told.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Reports & Promotion 20
Email Infantry 2
C ACF 6

Latest Threads