promotion board

Discussion in 'RLC' started by superdriver, Feb 4, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. another shocking board today, not the people on it , but the number, VENG screwing a lot of good people over, people who today will be gutted, whilst a load of probably fat overwight downgraded people sponge 2 more years pay off the goverment,

2. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

You didn't come off then?

3. now that would be impossible im a Sgt, but not looking good for Ssgt after todays low numbers

4. Why the angst against VENG? Did those 'good people' have the opportunity to apply for VENG? If they didn't take the chance then they only have themselves to blame don't they?

Put yourself in the position of a fat Warrant Officer.

Leave the Army and take your chances in a very volatile jobmarket and take your chances or take another 2 years @ 40 odd thousand a year, cheap accom and top the pension up! Bit of a no brainer really.

You're whining because you see your chances of the staffie board getting very slim for a little while. It's all relative. I bet you've got VENG squirelled away haven't you?

Now where's my biff chit? I am sure I left it next to my pile of pies?

5. Somethings never change then. Promotion was a hot topic when I was in 27 years ago and not always the right people were selected then either.
    My best wishes to you all and my admiration for the job you are all doing so professionally.