Promoting Shooting Sports - the Singapore way

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by lancslad, Mar 5, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Recieved a gentle reminder from the range manager this morning for the weekend's "Singapore Rifle Association Family Day"...

- Bouncy Castle – The biggest bouncy castle (Funtasica) in Singapore which measure 45” L 26”W 18”H will be able to keep your kids occupied for the whole morning.
    - Magic Show – A magic show from 1pm – 2pm in our shooter’s lounge will entertain the kids and spouses for the afternoon session.
    - Balloonist – Plenty of colourful balloons will be given away.
    - Shooting Stations – Exciting shooting stations with prizes to be given away.
    - Popcorn – Free Flow
    - Candy Floss – Free Flow
    - Food & Drinks – Free Flow

What caught me most though was the flyer advertising the event (see photo below). Fat chance of getting away with this in the UK :D

Attached Files:

• sra2.jpg
      File size:
      219.8 KB
  2. We have family days at one of my local clubs here in the land of Clogs. Not quite on the S'pore scale but a good day out nonetheless (good bbq).
  3. Singapore never struck me as a particularly gun friendly location..

I suspect to own anything more lethal than a popgun would involve jumping througn many hoops and the payment of prodigious amount of dosh to various agencies, (some of which may be legal...)

..but I may have been misinformed!
  4. Jeez these Singapore types must be small, as a 46inch Bouncy castle won't get many on.

Had myself a small Spinal Tap Stonehenge based chuckle!
  5. You have been misinformed :D see here:

6. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Much better than here, the NRA would bleed you dry in advance!
  7. ...glad to be corrected!