Promoted whilst in training?

Imagine away.

Z

Zarathustra

I know of someone who has just passed out of phase one, and was wearing a LCPL rank slide.
Only 18 years old, wearing a dark purple beret so i imagine the is paras?
He's on the fast track scheme, if he keep's his head down then he'll be a Sgt by 22 and then WO1 by 25. After that he'll be looking at a commission.

The dark purple beret isn't for the Para's it's for the Special Parachute Assault Zone Soldiers, they're a new regiment so most people won't know about/heard of them.

Local Lance Jack perhaps? Used to do it in trade training so the instructors could have someone to bollock. Oh, and you needed someone to march you to the NAAFI. Means fuck all, though.

sorry for the shitty first post, just got a bit more info, just passed out of harrogate and off to lark hill for phase 2, goin paras
was suprised to see him wearing the lance jack rank thats all!

Local Lance Jack perhaps? Used to do it in trade training so the instructors could have someone to bollock. Oh, and you needed someone to march you to the NAAFI. Means fuck all, though.
Junior leaders did the same. Jnr LCpl, he would lose it after the passout parade before attending phase 2.

I got my first after 11 months
My second after 23 months
And my third after 106 months :(

Latest Threads