Promax diet, any negative effects?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by hills, Nov 27, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi, I've been reading a few threads on here and it seems a few of you know what your stuff when it comes to supplements. I however, know very little!

I've started using maximuscle promax, I'm 5ft 9 and 76kg, having been on promax for three days I now weigh 74.8kg! Which I was pretty shocked at, I wasn't expecting to drop by that much in such little time.

Is this normal, or am I doing it all wrong? I have a shake in the morning instead of breakfast, and one at lunch with a cereal bar, for dinner I have a high carb meal to fuel my training.

Has anyone found any adverse affects as far as training goes?

Any advice would be great. I couldn't give a shite about a six pack or anything, I just want a body that works well in the gym! I want to be lighter as I just feel a bit sluggish lately and I feel carrying less weight will help my running and circuit training no end!

2. If you're just trying to lose weight just do more running and circuits and save your money. High carb meals at night are rarely a good thing as it often leads to disturbed sleep plus you need a good dose of protein in the evening to help your muscles recover (I take protein before bed but it sounds as though I do more weights than you). It depends to some extent what time of day you are training.
  3. I can see what your saying with the high carb meal, I should take a look at that. Yeah your right, I don't do much weight training, at most two weight sessions per week, as for the running, I'm doing about 30-35 miles a week, I just can't seem to shift any weight! I usually run in the evening and do a circuit session early morning, its hard to get into a routine as my constant change of shift with work.
  4. Look at your diet. I generally do resistance training in the morning and I take a protein/carb mix (such as poached eggs on brown toast or as a supplement) beforehand and then I take a recovery shake afterwards. I often do CV work at lunchtime and I have a banana before and then a carb/protein lunch afterwards. Later I try to have a light evening meal, protein and plenty of veg (not too much starchy stuff). Keep you fluids up throughout the day, try and do two large glasses 1st thing on getting up. Green tea is good for boosting your metabolism plus you're not taking milk in your brews (just put up with the abuse about 'gay tea'). Try not to do more than 3 pieces of fruit a day as it's too much sugar. I've gone from 18% body fat to 11% with this approach but everybody's different. Try shocking your system by varying your training activities and if that still doesn't work find a civvy trainer who knows what he/she is doing and get some bespoke advice, it'll be worth the expense.