Projector help needed

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by Banshee_09, Apr 2, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hi all,

any genius's on here know how to reset a pin code on a sanyo projector?

model is PLC-XU41

any help appreciated

2. Yeah turn the fecker on and press lots of knobs, and oh take the lens cap off hope this helps..........

3. cheers bitter,
    tried that, was thinking of trying a hammer next, but one of the lads said that'll fcuk it good and proper!!

4. No problem always happy to be of service

5. Decided to read the manual, guess your are fecked. Page 18 says "if you forget your PIN code the projector can no longer be started. Consult your dealer".

6. While I'm not familiar with this particular model, I can tell you that some projectors have a watch-type battery inside to keep track of settings, in some cases the PIN.

One I worked on a while back (a SHARP I think) reset itself to the factory setings after I removed the battery for half an hour. The factory default PIN for your model seems to be 1234.

Of course, whether you want to take it to bits is entirely your decision!

(Did anyone spot the abdication of responsibility there??)

7. DPM Guy

cheers for the link, alas i have already downloaded and read it.
    unfortunately the guy i bought it off is now on holiday and unreachable for the next 2 weeks. (i'm just being impatient)

Sauce Doctor

if i wasn't so sure i'd screw it completely by removing the cmos i would try that :D tried the factory defaults no joy

8. Do it... What's the worst that'll happen it still wont work?!

9. Still wont work is better than never will work!!! When you bugger it up.

10. took it apart, no cmos, put it back together, works but password is still there dammit

but kudos for it still powering up :D

11. I know this is a long shot (and you've already put it back together!), but did you spot anyhing that looks like a CLEAR CMOS jumper? You'd be surprised how many things have something of this ilk. Sometimes its just two spots on the PCB with a label.

Wireless burglar alarms, some microwave ovens and car engine management systems have them.

Or you could wait for the seller to get back, of course!