Project not completed!

Having seen @devexwarrior's shed bar, I thought I'd put some pics up of the shed I'm building. Had a week off last week, so managed to get to the land and get moving with it. Decent weather for 5 days, but it's pissed down ever since.

The shed's a 12 x 24' rectangle, and will have a gambrel barn roof on it when done. The roof will have an 8' overhang, supported by posts, to give a covered area to cover the couple earthmoving machines we have. Plenty of windows being framed in, a double door and a garage door on the end.

I managed to get the frame up (well mostly, window headers didn't happen) last week. It'll probably be Christmas before i can get back for a week, but then we'll have the roof up, and hopefully some wall cladding.

IMG_2780.JPG
IMG_2785.JPG
IMG_2788.JPG

Having seen @devexwarrior's shed bar, I thought I'd put some pics up of the shed I'm building. Had a week off last week, so managed to get to the land and get moving with it. Decent weather for 5 days, but it's pissed down ever since.

The shed's a 12 x 24' rectangle, and will have a gambrel barn roof on it when done. The roof will have an 8' overhang, supported by posts, to give a covered area to cover the couple earthmoving machines we have. Plenty of windows being framed in, a double door and a garage door on the end.

I managed to get the frame up (well mostly, window headers didn't happen) last week. It'll probably be Christmas before i can get back for a week, but then we'll have the roof up, and hopefully some wall cladding.

View attachment 219336 View attachment 219337 View attachment 219338
Johnnie six sheds ;-) Looks good

No bunker underneath?
Not on this one. It's hard rock underneath, so it was difficult to level it as much as we did. However, when we get to the house, it will be on land that slopes down toward the lake, so that will have a basement. I may put a tornado shelter in there. It would be stupid not to, if you've seen what they do.

In the time I lived in metro Atlanta, we had probably 5 or 6 tornadoes every year, and they absolutely trashed two towns not that far away, Adairsville and Ringgold. Here's Ringgold:

I'll be ok on the drainage front. Where this shed is, is about 70 feet above the lake level. I guess you need to have huge pits dug with concrete drain pipes. That would be ludicrously expensive where I am.

Slime

LE
That's a lovely looking radial arm saw table set up.
A great tool that's gone a bit out of fashion in recent years, being replaced with mitre saws but one that's just great to have for long term projects IMHO.

Slime

LE

Slime

LE
Spirit levels don't work, I used one when I fitted out my boat, and everything was pissed.
That's because you used the wrong kind of level :)

Slime

LE
You should both have used a Rum line.
Oh dear, and I thought MY planned reply was cheesy :)
I had two suggestions: a boat level or a water level.

Its worth investing in a new bubble for the level every couple of years.
They are a bit pricey, but the accuracy far outweighs the expense.

Latest Threads