Project Engineer- Parachuting

Discussion in 'Jobs Offered' started by Gremlin, Aug 26, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Just seen this which might interest some on here:

Link:

Poject Engineer Bridgend Permanent IT Job

and

Poject Engineer - Bridgend | Modis International

Posted today @ 13:33

2. Poject Engineer ? South Whales ? Does not give me much confidence in Modis International's Agency staff.
    Does anyone know anything about this company ?
    The job description however would suit me down to the ground ( sorry! ) right now.

3. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

I've already had a word with the Agent about that, and it was a data entry error!

Quite a good one though! :-D

Modis as an Agency are at the better end of the Spectrum, however they are not the employers in this case, just the recruiters.

4. Anyone applying and getting through to the interview stage with a mil parachuting background will be in good hands. Probably quite a few on here know the organisation and their work. Assuming that there is no change in the structure on this side of the business, some really good people and interesting projects involved. Medwaymud, if this is your bag, and your username makes you one of God's own down that way, you should be of particular interest.

5. Gremlin / AB thanks for that, confidence and interest restored. I shall sharpen my quill and be applying forthwith .
    Cheers guys !

6. Besides the academic quals, I'd venture they'd be biased towards those who had either Boscombe Down or JATE tours behind them, with an ability to write up the handling / user trials of the equipment.

7. I recently had the pleasure of being a client of theirs - on the receiving end of their Unicross product offering!

If I was looking for a job in the UK I would probably throw my CV in - free jumps abroad whilst product testing would be pretty hard to beat for a works trip.

8. ASR1 as you have been a recent client of theirs - can we have a private discussion on this ?
    Whilst I don't want to prevent some good ARRSE repartee - I just need a heads-up.

9. The company is probably Airborne Systems: Parachutes: Military Parachutes: Cargo Parachutes: Aerial Delivery Equipment - unless there are other parachute manufacturers working out of Bridgend. The attached photograph shows the limit of my client experience - one of their products was used for an aerial resupply I was on the receiving end of. Unfortunately most of it went halfway up the side of the mountain in the background and was a bastard to recover!

I'm a sports parachutist and an engineer. I would consider working there - they look like a really solid company that would probably offer a quite rewarding career. I might get in contact with them in the middle of next year when my current contract ends.

Attached Files:

• x.JPG
      x.JPG
      File size:
      149.9 KB
      Views:
  10. If you snooze, you lose. Best of luck to you though.

11. This used to be AML. They have been through a bit of change given they bid for and lost contracts in connection to A400 load handling system. They have some really good ideas and some strong designers. Not sure what their market share is now.