• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

For Inspection Project 001 - Revell Monogram Babylon 5 Starfury Mark 1

I get where you are coming from, and possibly agree to an extent, however I would refer you to the numerous "NSFW women" threads, the various movie/tv/music threads, the caravanning & camping threads etc.

Arrse is a lot more than just about the British Army, it's where members and supporters of the forces can come together and share their views, thoughts and experiences.

I'm more than happy to delete the thread if anyone really feels that strongly about it. I was just inspired by the number of builds currently ongoing. If it helps, my next projects include military aircraft and vehicles. (but NOT a bloody Wocka Wocka)
Fair point.

Revell Kits really are a mixed bag when it comes to quality. All too often they seem a litle sketchy with the finish on components.

I get where you are coming from, and possibly agree to an extent, however I would refer you to the numerous "NSFW women" threads, the various movie/tv/music threads, the caravanning & camping threads etc.

Arrse is a lot more than just about the British Army, it's where members and supporters of the forces can come together and share their views, thoughts and experiences.

I'm more than happy to delete the thread if anyone really feels that strongly about it. I was just inspired by the number of builds currently ongoing. If it helps, my next projects include military aircraft and vehicles. (but NOT a bloody Wocka Wocka)
I'd keep up the good work ........ and start a separate thread for each variant/new build as you go along :)

Need to find Citadel equivalents for these, or the equivalent Vallejo/Tamiya

View attachment 354066

Instructions!

View attachment 354067

Sprues - Prior to giving them a wash in warm soapy water as suggested.

View attachment 354068

Decals - A lot of people believe these are really bad decals, I'm going to try them out as this is a guinea pig/learning curve for me. I have enough models to make another if I need to.

View attachment 354065

That kit is crying for a mod involving this:

Add some weathering like the fantastic work we have seen done right here on arrse, The result? A film industry quality model that would make Gerry Anderson melt.

That kit is crying for a mod involving this:

Add some weathering like the fantastic work we have seen done right here on arrse, The result? A film industry quality model that would make Gerry Anderson melt.

I have seen this - Babylon Five Starfury Lighting Kit | eBay

This build is my first one, and it's not going to be lit or airbrushed. Think of this as an experiment and learning.

Bloody hell just shy of 20 quid for a few LEDs wire and resistors.
I flogged a couple of lit up GW Tauroxes (??) for only a tenner more on fleabay as the electrickery was pennies.

keep it coming Celtic guy, you are contributing a build, your own work. I'm currently, building, scraping,sanding, scratchbuilding, adapting and filling an Airfix SR.N4 Hovercraft together, last time I checked, it's only connection with the British Army, was when soldiers on leave went sightseeing on it. So far the only criticism is to my sanity, for taking on such a Bof Kit.

The kit is on pause at the moment until I have enough spare money for some filler & some primer.

Christmas might see a new airbrush and possibly a dremel coming my way.

The kit is on pause at the moment until I have enough spare money for some filler & some primer.

Christmas might see a new airbrush and possibly a dremel coming my way.
Make your own filler??

I've bitten the bullet and ordered some Tamiya Liquid Primer as filler (i don't have enough poly cement to use to make my own filler right now) as well as some vallejo primer. Once that arrives, I can move forward a little bit.

In addition, I might buy this for myself at christmas, although a dremel might also find it's way into my stocking.

I've bitten the bullet and ordered some Tamiya Liquid Primer as filler (i don't have enough poly cement to use to make my own filler right now) as well as some vallejo primer. Once that arrives, I can move forward a little bit.

In addition, I might buy this for myself at christmas, although a dremel might also find it's way into my stocking.

Pretty much the airbrush kit I brought - the side loading brush is handy, the bottom feeding one for me, is....... emergency use only, mainly due to the large quantities of paint and thinner needed to fill up the reservoir so it gets sucked up and sprayed out

Pretty much the airbrush kit I brought - the side loading brush is handy, the bottom feeding one for me, is....... emergency use only, mainly due to the large quantities of paint and thinner needed to fill up the reservoir so it gets sucked up and sprayed out
I would prefer a top loading brush..I guess the bottom is ok for some stuff

Just had a trip down B&Q for some garden stuff and had a look at sandpaper (Yikes, not paying those prices) and dremels (yikes, not paying those prices and the dremel I like is a bit big when you actually see it)

I would prefer a top loading brush..I guess the bottom is ok for some stuff
Currently using one of these cheap enough, seeing as I tend to break them :)

I'd keep an eye on the special offers at Lidl/Aldi for the Dremel type tool. Brushes packed up in mine and as I needed one I bought the knock off version with the bits set. Never gotten round to fixing the Dremel which sits in need of repair next to the aldi version as that one still does the job.

Had some more goodies arrive today so made a little progress.

First off was this stuff

Tamiya Liquid Primer.jpg

So i had a bash with it. A really rough bash. More like....slap it on, but it seems like it'll sand out nicely.

Rough Primer.jpg

Those are the upper and lower wings. There are additional cover pieces that fit over these so any butchery will be hidden. The pylons are sandwiched between the inner and outer wing halves.

I'm finding the the citadel paints I had are in a poor condition. A little medium seems to bring them back to life, but I can see me throwing a lot of it out (and keeping just the bottles)