• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

For Inspection Project 001 - Revell Monogram Babylon 5 Starfury Mark 1

Well, I've bitten the bullet. I've bought some Tamiya Extra Thin Cement and dug one of the kits I bought in the 90's out of the cupboard. Would you believe I have about 12 of these kits hidden away? Because of the different designs, I was going to be bold and have a flight of them. Never got started until now.

You can see the price £19.99!! and I bought loads of them. There's one for sale on Ebay for £80!

Box-Top.jpg

Well, I've bitten the bullet. I've bought some Tamiya Extra Thin Cement and dug one of the kits I bought in the 90's out of the cupboard. Would you believe I have about 12 of these kits hidden away? Because of the different designs, I was going to be bold and have a flight of them. Never got started until now.

You can see the price £19.99!! and I bought loads of them. There's one for sale on Ebay for £80!

View attachment 354053

Needs......erhhhhhhhhhh...an Omega on it

Blackomega.png

Well, i'm trying to add more images, but they keep breaking. no idea why.

Bottom of the box

Box-Bottom.jpg

Need to find Citadel equivalents for these, or the equivalent Vallejo/Tamiya

paints.jpg

Instructions!

sheet.jpg

Sprues - Prior to giving them a wash in warm soapy water as suggested.

Sprue.jpg

Decals - A lot of people believe these are really bad decals, I'm going to try them out as this is a guinea pig/learning curve for me. I have enough models to make another if I need to.

Decals.jpg

One thing I do need to sort out is some filler, Tempted by either Tamiya's Liquid Surface Primer (but doesn't seem readily available over here) or Mr Surfacer 500/1000 (Trying to find them on Ebay as a two-pack :D

Kicked off the build tonight. The fuselage looked ok at this point....

fuselage1.jpg

And there wasn't too much cleanup needed...

fuselage2.jpg

but then the end piece. This is a really poor piece. There is nothing to really locate the piece into, so it's a case where about 3 hands are needed. Even with judicious use of tape, the fit is very poor, and will need some filling and remedial work before I can continue.

fuselage-end.jpg
fuselage-end1.jpg

Attachments

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Oh, what’s the point...
I will indulge you this once, modelling has helped people with PTSD, and those with physical injuries gained in the course of their military careers. If you have any further problems with the running of the site contact the admins.

View attachment 354053
Looks like a nice kit. Got any kits of those spiky Shadows ones?

Well, i'm trying to add more images, but they keep breaking. no idea why.
It could be the images are to large to upload, they need to be under a meg in size

Kicked off the build tonight. The fuselage looked ok at this point....

View attachment 354079

And there wasn't too much cleanup needed...

View attachment 354080

but then the end piece. This is a really poor piece. There is nothing to really locate the piece into, so it's a case where about 3 hands are needed. Even with judicious use of tape, the fit is very poor, and will need some filling and remedial work before I can continue.

View attachment 354082 View attachment 354083
It might be worth reinforcing the joints with some scrap plastic, otherwise its look nice

But do they launch radially or tangentially?*

*Cryptic umtsb5 reference.
All depends on where they're being deployed from. B5 Cobra Bays, Excalibur launch system (IE a big pole) , Capital ships or short range cargo transports.

...my point being that this is supposed to be a site about/for the British Army, not a modelling site.
I get where you are coming from, and possibly agree to an extent, however I would refer you to the numerous "NSFW women" threads, the various movie/tv/music threads, the caravanning & camping threads etc.

Arrse is a lot more than just about the British Army, it's where members and supporters of the forces can come together and share their views, thoughts and experiences.

I'm more than happy to delete the thread if anyone really feels that strongly about it. I was just inspired by the number of builds currently ongoing. If it helps, my next projects include military aircraft and vehicles. (but NOT a bloody Wocka Wocka)