Programme CASTLE

If you count the time before I joined, I have now been out for 6 weeks longer than I was in. Stirring thought.
I'll have to live to 78 to have been 'out' as long as I was 'in'

I'm not sure how to feel about that, but I'm betting 'the Kate' will still be pretty much unchanged in character, even if it shrinks more than a JHW in a hot wash and tumble dry.

If you count the time before I joined, I have now been out for 6 weeks longer than I was in. Stirring thought.
I joined in the last millennium and have done well over 50% of my life doing this!!!

Turns out if you’re not posh, you’re not good enough to brief Cabinet Ministers.

That’s Castle fûcked then.

Turns out if you’re not posh, you’re not good enough to brief Cabinet Ministers.

That’s Castle fûcked then.
I know. What load of rot. I've briefed 2x SACEURs and the current SecGen. I think they are a little scarier than your average minister.

Who comes up with this cr4p? Probably public schoolboys trying to defend what they perceive as their territory.

Having said that, I just noticed it's the DM so probably made up.

I'll have to live to 78 to have been 'out' as long as I was 'in'
If I left tomorrow, I would have to live until I was 95 o_O

Indeed:

The Mail on Sunday understands that one officer recently failed the SAS selection process because it was felt he 'lacked the sophistication' to be able to brief Cabinet Ministers on operations.

Somebody's promoting that old bolleaux about 'a certain polish', if we're to believe the Wail (which on this occasion I am prepared to)

It doesn't need a gazillion quid spent on teaching the (otherwise terminally dull/average) bloke to quote Euclid to make a competent leader that is capable of concisely conveying to cabinet ministers difficult issues and options for resolving them.

Unless I'm much mistaken, this is (at best) the Poshboiz trade union triggering a demarcation dispute because their monopoly on access to power is looking a bit shaky, and we can't have just anybody talking to ministers, now can we?

Wee Hawken

War Hero
Unless I'm much mistaken, this is (at best) the Poshboiz trade union triggering a demarcation dispute because their monopoly on access to power is looking a bit shaky, and we can't have just anybody talking to ministers, now can we?
I suspect that this is a non-story based on a single throwaway comment taken out of context in order to make a cheap headline. I am sure that the SF world expect their officers to have the ability to brief coherently and confidently. I highly doubt that any of them give two hoots where those officers went to school.

Last edited:
If you're going for that target, please take time out to consider what the word 'living' really means to you

. . . . as opposed to "surviving"​

The law needs to change, I want the option of Euthanasia the second I struggle to wipe my own arrse :)

I suspect that this is a non-story based on a single throwaway comment taken out of context in order to make a cheap headline. I am sure that the SF world expect their officers to have the ability to briefly coherently and confidently. I highly doubt that any of them give two hoots where those officers went to school.
Maybe they are worried about confusion arising over dinnertime? Working class Northern officer stood by himself at 1230 hrs wondering where everyone else is?

For sure

A straight to the point '' f*** Off you tw@t - We don't have the manpower or resources '' sounds so much more acceptable when it comes in the form of a 5000 word dissertation.
Indeed.

And it's not as if all our Cabinet Ministers went to Harrow or Eton . . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . . . O!​
. . . . . . . . . wait a minute . . . . . ^~

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Maybe they are worried about confusion arising over dinnertime? Working class Northern officer stood by himself at 1230 hrs wondering where everyone else is?
Would he 'change for dinner'? :)

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor