Programme CASTLE

theinventor

War Hero
I've now been out longer than I've been in, but this model shown to me about 10 years ago has been really valuable in helping both employers and employees when it's "just not working". No prizes for guessing which category many people in the services fall into:
Job Venn.PNG

Last edited:
I've now been out longer than I've been in, but this model shown to be about 10 years ago has been really valuable in helping both employers and employees when it's "just not working". No prizes for guessing which category many people in the services fall into:
View attachment 567089
TBH I think most service personnel will find themselves in different sectors during their careers. If I’m really honest about that model, I can place myself in every sector of it at some stage in my career.

I think the issue for the services is that it doesn’t have the ability to put people in the sweet spot for most of their careers.

Regulars now 'Hobbyists', the Reserves 'Dangerous Amateurs' and the rest of the passed over crowd 'Wage Slaves' :)

TBH I think most service personnel will find themselves in different sectors during their careers. If I’m really honest about that model, I can place myself in every sector of it at some stage in my career.

I think the issue for the services is that it doesn’t bother to try to put people in the sweet spot for most of their careers.

A minor edit Bob. FoC.

theinventor

War Hero
A minor edit Bob. FoC.
I put my papers in because in my final tour I found myself in the "sweet spot" - largely by accident - and my corps' MS team didn't recognise this and weren't interested in helping me find another posting that might repeat this. When I discovered how many civvy firms could replicate "sweet spot" roles at much higher salaries it became a no-brainer. As I was handing over it became clear that MS hadn't noticed either, my replacement was someone for whom an SO3 MB role was necessary as he was Secretary of the Army tennis assoc and a 2* had wanted him near to hand. He had absolutely no aptitude for or interest in the role and concluded our handover on day 2 reckoning he could blag it and delegate the remainder.

Latest Threads