Programme CASTLE

MODACS I think - but that too may be out of date now.

We have P Class (starred) items and ATCO - Attractive to criminal & terrorist organisations.

I've seen this all through my career, always to the detriment of people working on the shop floor. The RAF service with an SO3 J4 of Flt Lt Logs, without having to resort to employing a died in the wool, possibly illiterate LE Maj with no ability to think outside of the box. I can count on maybe three fingers the amount that have been able to deal with complex problems.
I'm hoping that the new LE commissioning process will address this.

Stereotyping at its absolute finest ^~

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
We have P Class (starred) items and ATCO - Attractive to criminal & terrorist organisations.
That should be ACTO then? ;)

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

Sarastro

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
The Royal Corps is notorious for never really understanding, at a high level, what it's for and hence what size and shape it should be. This was true in radio and telegraphy days and it's still true now in the IP-centric world. The fact that it concentrates its technical and operational expertise in the LE and non-commissioned cadres isn't necessarily a problem, but it can be, especially when essentially unqualified people - RDs and 'generalist' DEs - want to play with the contents of their toybox.
I can't remember if I've mentioned this, but I have just the example.

Many moons ago we were the first Armd Bde to get Ptarmigan. My job was the Sgt Tech Det Comd of the WPI(T). At the start of one exercise, something had gone wrong and I was cold-starting the kit in the first location as the rack had failed. This was essentially a process of feeding in a massive series of discs and commands to get to working status. As I was cracking on, the SSM turned up and poked his head in the back of the wagon. "How long is this going to take Sgt Baggy?" "Five hours!" says I, as I know how long it takes. The SSM thought for a second then replied, "You've got three!" and strode off.

The lance-jack crewman and I both laughed and carried on, eventually being finished about 5 hours later.

Failed To Resettle Sufficiently?

Absofuckingloutly.

or

go outside and find a 38k job to sustain my current salary.

or

Get nearly 80k a year, get a house, get gym access, get to play Army sport (golf is a sport ^~ ), get to live exactly where I want, get to sack it exactly when I want.

I will take fail to resettle every single time :)

Absofuckingloutly.

or

go outside and find a 38k job to sustain my current salary.

or

Get nearly 80k a year, get a house, get gym access, get to play Army sport (golf is a sport ^~ ), get to live exactly where I want, get to sack it exactly when I want.

I will take fail to resettle every single time :)
I fundamentally disagree with your sentiment, pretty shocking really....

golf is a hobby, not a sport

;)

I fundamentally disagree with your sentiment, pretty shocking really....

golf is a hobby, not a sport

;)

A hobby that has taken me to Arizona (twice), Florida (twice), the Royal Liverpool GC and the Celtic Manor in the last 8 years. All supported by Army sports lottery and Corps funding.

Bring it on :)

Golf is a good walk spoiled....

Glad_its_all_over

ADC
Book Reviewer
Do we really have to explain the difference between sport - basically killing things, while either riding things or not riding them - and games, everything else?

Latest Threads