Prog Rock - rage of the dinosaurs.....

I really will have to dig out my gig list. I also had about 2 years worth of melody makers until a couple of years ago when I sold them. But I do have images of each Village Blues Club advert, so maybe I will post some of them too. Oh, and 25 pence is 5 Bob!

I really will have to dig out my gig list. I also had about 2 years worth of melody makers until a couple of years ago when I sold them. But I do have images of each Village Blues Club advert, so maybe I will post some of them too. Oh, and 25 pence is 5 Bob!
Do it. Or post it on the Vinyl Addicts thread.

Duh! Correct (again). I meant 12.5p.

I did say my memory was farked.

Maybe we will go back to livres, sisterces and dinares as part of Brexit.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Just to prove that some of them are still writing and can still cut it, here's Barclay James Harvest from 2013 with a reflective take on the suicide of mellotron wizard Woolly Wolstenholme....

**** you and the horse you rode in on. I once spent an overnight with nothing but some bod, who had nothing but BJH.
To quote Ronnie ‘the hawk’ Hawkins. What a night.

Do it. Or post it on the Vinyl Addicts thread.

Duh! Correct (again). I meant 12.5p.

I did say my memory was farked.

Maybe we will go back to livres, sisterces and dinares as part of Brexit.
Found my MM images, they are from 72 and 73, still well within the "classic" area. I can't upload directly due to size constraints. The one I wanted to include here was from April 72 where we had Quo at the Village on the 1st and you would have had Vinegar Joe on the 2nd, funnily enough (at the
Torrington, which I think is where you gigged).

@unicorn77

Send them to yourself in a text message or email and chose the lowest resolution.

It would appear that mobile/tablet resolution has exceeded ARRSEs storage and transfer capabilities.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
A lot of bands will play small venues just to get themselves into the listings.

The Q Tips (Paul Young singer) used to play in our uni bar. They got very little, if any, cash but they got a listing in Time Out, adverts, posters, possible exposure to London A&R men and also got a live practice.

As soon as they had a record and a modicum of success we never saw them again.

Not that we minded.
Saw them by accident when passing through. Great band, the record company wanted Paul Young and blew that one.
Great night out though.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Fast in catch up.
Steve Hackett saw them at Cropredy. Never seen a man light up so much when the crowd kicked in with ‘There’s always been Ethel’, and sung along.
Thin Lizzy saw the last two nights back to back in Belfast. Both backtracked and mimed.
Exactly the same gig each night.

I can't say I was ever a fan of prog except for an enduring soft spot for Hawk Wind but there was a really good interview with Ian Anderson ( Jethro Tull ) on Radio 5's Up All Night a couple of weeks back it should still be available on listen again or podcast.

I can't say I was ever a fan of prog except for an enduring soft spot for Hawk Wind but there was a really good interview with Ian Anderson ( Jethro Tull ) on Radio 5's Up All Night a couple of weeks back it should still be available on listen again or podcast.
Hawkwind? Progressive?

Call the Fun Police - have him taken away for re-education!

As far as I remember, "music wot I liked" went from "underground" to "progressive" then some time later the term "prog rock" came to be used to describe a subset of all that stuff. But hey, what's in a classification?

I'm gonna hypothesise that everybody else but you saw them doing "Proud to be a Honky Woman" on OGWT and gave their gig a miss for good reason :)

The performance is frequently repeated on BBC4 iPlayer: not so much 'spirited' (in a Tina Turner stylee) as OTT (in a Widow Twankie stylee) IMHO.

My big brother's best mate's big brother was a roadie for Elkie for a time. Spoke highly of her.

6 degrees of separation an' that . . .
Though re Vinegar Joe era Elkie Brookes, I have to say, I would.