Professional Tosser ?

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by Cyclic, Feb 21, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. How do you make your shrove Tuesday pancakes? flour , milk and summit else?

2. flour, milk and wah?

3. Pancake recipe on the front page of Yahoo!

Yahoo! UK

Any use?

4. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

Just cooked a dozen. All gone now, sorry.

5. Have you had your pancake race yet? :?

Shrove Tuesday was once known as a 'half-holiday' in England. It started at 11:00am with the signalling of a church bell.[SUP][6][/SUP] On Pancake Day, pancake races are held in villages and towns across the United Kingdom. The tradition is said to have originated when a housewife from Olney was so busy making pancakes that she forgot the time until she heard the church bells ringing for the service. She raced out of the house to church while still carrying her frying pan and pancake. The pancake race remains a relatively common festive tradition in the UK, and England in particular, even today. Participants with frying pans race through the streets tossing pancakes into the air, catching them in the pan whilst running. In Olney today, a pancake race still takes place every year on Shrove Tuesday.
    A pancake race
    Either this story is apocryphal or it occurred prior to 1445 as the most famous pancake race,[SUP][7][/SUP] at Olney in Buckinghamshire, has been held since 1445. The contestants, traditionally women, carry a frying pan and race to the finishing line while tossing the pancakes as they go. The winner is the first to cross the line having tossed the pancake a certain number of times. Traditionally, when men want to participate, they must dress up as a housewife (usually an apron and a bandanna).

6. Cup flour, cup milk, egg, beat or blend into a batter, cook in pan.

7. Drop of oil, pinch of salt, bit of grated lemon rind also helps.

8. Don't forget to toss it, all in the wrist action

9. If it goes badly, it'll all spew out in the wrong place.

10. It's the same batter as Yorkshire puddings, in fact I prefer to make Yorkshires & then put syrup & lemon juice on.

11. girlfriend ..kitchen ...go..................simples

• Like Like x 1
  12. i must admit...when i saw the post title i thought afghan kandak was in here