Problems

TheGambler

Clanker
Hi lads, hope your all well. I’m currently 2 weeks away from passing out. Although the past 4 weeks my mental health has declined significantly due to something that has happened back home. I have spoken to Welfare and the Padre which have both helped very well. Mental health isn’t great at the moment, it’s the lowest it’s been in years. I’ve went through the first 8 weeks grand enough. Anything I have been told I’ve done. I’ve kept my mouth shout and ears open listening to everything training staff, my section commander and CoC have taught me. I’m not the worlds best recruit but I’d like to think I’m not the worst. I always do as I’m told. Just have a few questions.

I’m wondering is this worth staying for? Or if I do will I get significantly worse?

Can I ask my CoC to potentially back squad me to get the help I need?

Or do I carry on with my current state of mind?

Any help would be appreciated gentlemen.

Proceed down the helpful routes you have so far. You don’t need to be back squaded to get help. If your training isn’t the effect of your problems you are probably best sticking with it and having something positive in the form of your passing out parade.

Some help here:

D

Deleted 4482

What is the nature of your MH problems, if you care to describe?
What's causing you angst?
Apols if it sounds flippant but..are you not just experiencing homesickness?

edit-understood something happened at home. Able to elaborate?

@dingerr check PMs please

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted 4482

For benefit of anyone reading this, OP has messaged me and stated his issues.

I would ask anyone with suitable experience to please contact him and advise further.

Has your performance degraded? If so how far? When I had issues with home life work was a handrail that kept me upright and moving forwards. If you are performing and you can't directly impact whats going on at home by being there I'd suggest cracking on might be best.

Even though you haven’t passed out you are serving - one day of service equals a lifetime of support and right now you need support. It’s good to see you’ve started to ask for it, don’t be afraid to ask for more.

TheGambler

Clanker
Has your performance degraded? If so how far? When I had issues with home life work was a handrail that kept me upright and moving forwards. If you are performing and you can't directly impact whats going on at home by being there I'd suggest cracking on might be best.
It has degraded quite a bit. With inspections and weapon handling not up to scratch that is expected of me. I’m trying to keep my mind focused which does help at times but what’s happening back at home always comes into mind.

TheGambler

Clanker
How are you getting on?
I’ve voluntary discharged myself pal. Although only 11 days away from pass out parade none of my family would be able to come due to the circumstances at home.

Also I think looking after family right now is the best option for me and making sure my little brother has at least 1 parent figure to look up to.

I’ve voluntary discharged myself pal. Although only 11 days away from pass out parade none of my family would be able to come due to the circumstances at home.

Also I think looking after family right now is the best option for me and making sure my little brother has at least 1 parent figure to look up to.
Tough choice. Good luck.

That's a hell of a situation to find yourself in, but I think you've done the right thing. Good luck with outcomes.

It’s a shame that an option to drop to the reserves can’t be chosen. The Army retains a good soldier and saves on training and costs.

Latest Threads