Problems with the touchpad on my laptop

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Must be your machine, my self built POS boots in around 10 seconds, and 4 hours for a Windows update are you still on dialup???
More likely an HDD. Load Windows onto an SSD, my cheap POS Dell boots 10 in 8 seconds.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Considering that arrse heaving with IT experts it's a shame that none of them have bothered to try and solve the OP's problem.
Can't help, sorry. I am Mainframe Man. Need a hand with z/OS, JES2 (3 at a push), z/VM, SMP/E?

Must be your machine, my self built POS boots in around 10 seconds, and 4 hours for a Windows update are you still on dialup???
No, that's the time it takes to process and install some of the updates.
To be fair, the last update (minor monthly one) only too 20 minutes.

DaManBugs If you still have the original packaging material then PC World will give you a credit note, maybe Etch-A-Sketch or a Spirograph is within your skill set., Simply quote "Can I have me money back? I'm too ******* thick to own a computer, begorah".
I really do hope this helps? An IT Guru.

Considering that arrse heaving with IT experts it's a shame that none of them have bothered to try and solve the OP's problem.
If you ignore several posts of helpful replies your post is accurate.

FrosteeMARIA

LE
Gallery Guru
....and it will also kill any micro organisms, loosen up the flux capacitors, and flange plates, help the PFCU recharge, and reseal any cracks and tears in the MCU main drive. glad to be of assistance, I'm here all week !
You'll get a similar result if you run it through the dishwasher

I have chicken breast sandwiches for work tomorrow, what has everyone else having?
I've got the option of chicken curry, pie and mash or fish and rice. Plus this lot

20190321_121532.jpg
20190321_121530.jpg
20190321_121527.jpg

I hope an ARRSE IT guru can give me a bit of advice here. I run a Toshiba Satellite on Windows 8.1. The display is slaved out to a Samsung 24-inch monitor. I have a lot of problems working with the touchpad and so I use a mouse instead. Via the F5 button, I'm able to switch off the touchpad but for quite a while now it's just been switching itself back on at regular and irregular intervals without me doing anything.

I had a bit of a butcher's on "t'interwebz" for any possible solution, but they all seem to entail doing things that I don't understand and are far beyond my miserable technical skills. Does anyone have a (sort of) simple method I can apply to stop it continually happening? Any and all advice gratefully received.

MsG
Just let the mouse and toughpad run together, [down load the drivers for the mouse]

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer

smeg-head

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
OP, treat the PC equipment in your house hovel exactly the same as you would your Italian wife, give it a good kicking until it gets it right!
Hope this helps.

Is it too early to ask if this thread is going as the OP expected?
So long as Bugsy gets some form of attention, he's happy, few people notice the smelly inadequate in real life.

Pie and mash?

You lucky bastard, I'm fortunate if I get it once every 2 years...

Oh and Bugs: get a Mac. Just sayin'...
There were sandwiches too.

and fruit

and some vegetarian option

plus cakes and donuts part way through the afternoon

and more fruit