Problems with rampaging dinosaurs? The solution is here.

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by Tartan_Terrier, Aug 27, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. An American gunsmith has just completed a very interesting project, which I'm sure many ARRSErs (especially the muzzle loading fans) will be fascinated to see.

The inspiration for the project:

http://www.freewebs.com/stolzergunsmithing/currentprojects2bore.htm

I'm in awe! It looks like a fantastic piece of craftsmanship, but to build (or shoot) something like this, I think you've got to be just a little bit nuts.

What do you reckon guys?

Regards
    T_T

2. I would have thought an SLR would be enough. If the first round does not do the job, I would still have 19 to be going on with!

3. Impressive to see there are still artisans out there who can make something like this and more than just make it....turn into a work of art as detailed and stunning to look at.

Bloody shame that you are regarded as a freak by the general public in the UK if you show enthusiasm for something like this.

4. Did you look at the site? When the first shot makes holes the size that this rifle does, the other 19 shots would most likely be unneccesary.

5. Hello Tartan_Terrier,

such a weapon would be very useful against a Tryannosaurus Rex which announces its approach with it's thunderous footsteps.
    However,the more stealthy approach of a rampaging Pterodactyl may result in a man being surprised when his trusty rifle is not conveniently to hand.
    The obvious solution is to carry a suitable side arm in a holster at all times,like this one for example.

tangosix.

Attached Files:

6. I have heard that there are no more Tyrannosauri in Kansas anymore. Perhaps this is because the beasts learned about Mr Stolzer's gun.

7. Beautiful, most impressive :D

8. I was very impressed by the video of the proof firing. Two half pound lead balls and a powder charge of 1000 grains = flying gun + railway sleeper!

9. and then there's this breechloading falling block 2 bore by Giles Whittome, a London gunmaker who made it for the Royal Armouries...

2 bore being fired...

10. Now all they need to do is make a repeating version :twisted:

11. There you go, for all those people who complain about 5.56 NATO not being powerful enough... there's your answer!

12. Seen a 4 bore elephant gun being discharged and the firer claimed recoil was not too bad, but that was down to the barrel being a massive hexagonal bar that had been bored out.

When picked up you immediately understood why back in the day they needed a goodly number of bearers.....

13. That was a most interesting series about how to build such a huge beast. The finished rifle is absolutely gorgeous! There's a fella who really has a lot of talent.

Many thanks indeed for posticating that, TT!

MsG

14. Bilbo's Orcinator was useful on most of the Dark Lord's minions but he found that only a Charles Bronson tash and .45ACP could stop a Cave Troll

Attached Files:

15. indeed this guy is a talented craftsmen. From the raw materials to the finished rifle, he has achieved a lot. Seems to be proficient in a number of skills too(metalwork, wook, finishes, gunsmithing etc).