problems with my transfer

I have had a major problem with my transfer to the scots dg, i was ment to be on a flight on sunday and got caught up in the chaos leaving london which led me to miss my flight. I was given no way of contacting my new unit as my RCMO did all the contacting and having gone back to my old unit they have told me its nothing to do with them and im not really sure what to do now. So im just asking for some advice really.

coded said:
I have had a major problem with my transfer to the scots dg, i was ment to be on a flight on sunday and got caught up in the chaos leaving london which led me to miss my flight. I was given no way of contacting my new unit as my RCMO did all the contacting and having gone back to my old unit they have told me its nothing to do with them and im not really sure what to do now. So im just asking for some advice really.
Not that I can help much, but don't expect much sympathy regarding the missed flight excuse. Have you spoken to your old RCMO to get the numbers he used?

i went in yesterday my rcmo is on leave and his blokes say its not their problem as im not in the regiment anymore

You could speak to your Adjutant. Technically you might be AWOL and he is responsible for discipline and G1 issues.

roadster280 said:
Did you get caught in some kind of unusual delay, or was it it the merely predictable Sunday travel?

If it was an exceptional delay, and not jut bad planning, I don't see any issue here. Since you reported to your old unit, you were not AWOL. At worst, you were Absent From Place of Duty. So they stick you on, and your defence then relies on "Sir, on the morning of, there had been an M25 tanker crash/rail crash/complete ATC failure, London was in gridlock. There was no way I could have predicted this, I could not make my flight, so I reported to my previous unit, where they jacked on me." I would take that to CM, there is no way you could have done anything different.

If on the other hand there was no unusual travel chaos, you may be in the cack. It seems like your previous unit is very unhelpful. An entry in the occurrence book would serve as evidence you were not AWOL, merely at the wrong unit. Nothing like as bad. If the old unit are that jack, I am not surprised you are transferring out!

Agreed, my point about the Adjt was not to suggest our chap is in trouble, but he is "adrift" and the Adjt will make sure that the right people know where he is and when he will be where he is supposed to be.

Flight on Sunday today is Tuesday and you have been unable to find any contact details for the Regiment you are going to spend the rest of your career with. I hope you enjoyed the weekend it is probably going to cost you plenty.

i got caught in the whole london midlands staff deciding on sunday morning that they didnt want to work that day, but it was wasnt a strike just the whole staff decided sundays are not fun days to work it seems. and everything being sorted now thanks for the advice