Problems with internet explorer 8

I couldn't see this thread, if it has been asked before my apologies.

I'm struggling to read and reply on arrse when using IE8. On the forum pages I have to be running not in "compatability mode" otherwise the advert banner at the bottom covers most of the last person's post.
When replying I have to run in compatbility mode (or whatever its called) because once the textbox is full, although I can continue typing I can not see what has been typed. I can scroll down and read, but as soon as I start typing again the textbox has a fit and scrolls me back up to the top.

Obviously the main answer is to use firefox (or chrome), which I usually do. However, I still have to use IE8 at times and was wondering if there was an easy fix?

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
There's no quick fix as far as I'm aware beyond what you've already identified (Firefox, Chrome etc). I have to use IE at work and get the same problem but am fine at home on Chrome.

Good CO knows about the problem though.

Sixty said:
There's no quick fix as far as I'm aware beyond what you've already identified (Firefox, Chrome etc). I have to use IE at work and get the same problem but am fine at home on Chrome.

Good CO knows about the problem though.
Excellent - thank you. I thought he must know about the problem, as it must be a few months old now, but I couldn't find a thread. Maybe my search skills need some work.