Problems with Hotmail

Discussion in 'Hardware - PCs, Consoles, Gadgets' started by slipperman, Aug 6, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone else currently having problems accessing their hotmail account?
    I have not been able to open up my hotmail account today - it takes ages to come on screen and when it does, it is all garbled and unreadable. Any suggestions?
    Ta.

2. What do you expect it's IMAP and produced by Microsoft, therefore it is merde!! Create a proper e-mail account using your ISP then install "Thunderbird 5.0" Costs you nothing and you have something that is bombproof.

3. HHH

HHH LE

I've no problems, so it might be something wrong at your end.

4. Thanks for the prompt responses - I'll leave it a while and see if it rights itself.
    Emsav,
    you obviously have no idea what a complete IT-biff I am! You lost me at IMAP!

5. Leave it a while, no problem here with hotmail. Have you tried accessing it from another pc to compare (isolate) the problem.

6. Ditto on Thunderbird Emsav - It just works.

7. The trouble with Hotmail is that it's Hotmail and creating mechanical accounts is allowed. Something like 90% of all spam originates from an automatically created Hotmail account. As Emsav suggests - get a sensible email account.

8. Are you using Hotmail through Outlook. If so, re-download and reinstall the "Outlook Connector". They keep updating it

9. Thanks again for the responses. I am moving away from Hotmail!

10. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

just go here Mozilla Thunderbird

and download and install, I haven't used Thunderbird for ages but when I did, it was good. It should then do all that nasty communicating with Hotmail for you. It will ask you your login, password etc. Give it.

If you don't trust my link (and I am sitting in my underpants so lord knows what I might do to you), google it and take the link off google. Generally the populate NOT PAID FOR links are the cleanest and best because links are at the top by